1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What do you like about Pre-Cal?

1. Aug 11, 2006 #1
    What do you like about Pre-Cal? How do you feel about it?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2006 #2

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

eulers precalculus book is superb.

4. Aug 11, 2006 #3
    I liked pre-calculus less than I like calculus. I'd have to say my interest in math was dwindling, but at the end of my junior year in high school it peaked back up, and calculus my senior year interested me a lot.

5. Aug 11, 2006 #4

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

eulers book treats infinite series in precalc.

6. Aug 12, 2006 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, what are you asking? If it's about high school math, I felt fortunate that I had motivated teachers with an AP track (many years ago). If it's about math in general, you need to learn to relax, and focus. Just like all of your other challenging subjects.:biggrin:

7. Aug 12, 2006 #6

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

are you asking abut the subject or the cousre you are in? i had a great course right before calc, but iot was not called precalc. we learned logic, boolean algebra, some groups, cardinality of infinite sets, algebra, probability, combinations and permutations, and a little analytic geometry.

if yours is boring and useless, io recommend getting a good book, like analyse infinitesimal by euler, or mine, principles of mathematics by allen doerfer and oakley.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?