Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What do you like about this forum?

1. Nov 6, 2004 #1

AKG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What do you like about this forum?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The people here.

4. Nov 6, 2004 #3
    The company of intelligent people.

5. Nov 6, 2004 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

AKG, Evo, dekoi and others.

6. Nov 6, 2004 #5
    It is definitely the people, but just for the sake of the name I'm going to say: the physics.

7. Nov 6, 2004 #6
  8. Nov 6, 2004 #7

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The above and the activity .... enough posts about interesting topics to keep busy [and as such enabling avoidance of anything like work etc.]

9. Nov 8, 2004 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

The colour scheme.

10. Nov 8, 2004 #9

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like ruling it with an iron fist.

- Warren

11. Nov 8, 2004 #10
    The quippy, witty, and engaging conversations carried here. Nowhere else does a group laugh at jokes like "im hot, your cold, lets reach thermal equilibrium."

That and this forum has everything, from politics to crackpot theories where the moon is flat and run by spacepenguins (made the last part up hehe).

12. Nov 8, 2004 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

One of these days I will learn not to eat or drink when I read posts here. I now have partially chewed broccoli all over my laptop. :grumpy:

13. Nov 8, 2004 #12
    I like the comfort of knowing I can post different Nuclear Material related questions and get a serious and correct answer (recycling, RTGs, etc).

I was on another physics board and asked these same questions and was PMed, eMailed, banned and had the NRC sent to my site (NRC uses NS3 browser!). I was told that I had no business asking these types of questions unless I was a US Government employee, and that my IP address showed otherwise... :surprised

Sheesh!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?