What do you make of this?

• Thread starter Marco12
  • Start date
Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both Presidents were shot in the head.
Now it gets really weird...

Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy. Kennedy’s Secretary was named Lincoln.
Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839. Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.
Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named ‘Ford.’ Kennedy was shot in a car called ‘Lincoln’ made by ‘Ford.’
Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.
Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.
A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe,Maryland A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe

Answers and Replies

Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
What do you make of this....

Abraham's name wasnt John
John sent America to the moon, Abraham freed the slaves
Abe had a beard, John didnt
John had a favorite Tv show, Abraham didnt have a TV

I could go on. The fact that there are people in the world with some vague similarity to their lives is unsurprising and unremarkable. What did you think anyone would make of it?

The ridiculous-ness of "Lincoln was shot at the theater named ‘Ford.’ Kennedy was shot in a car called ‘Lincoln’ made by ‘Ford' " made me lol
Made me think of some guy coming up with these facts, digging for every little similarity he/she could xD

The ridiculous-ness of "Lincoln was shot at the theater named ‘Ford.’ Kennedy was shot in a car called ‘Lincoln’ made by ‘Ford' " made me lol
Made me think of some guy coming up with these facts, digging for every little similarity he/she could xD
Similarity, nah. The theater was not made by 'Lincoln'.

Hey, he forget to mention that they both have breathed while they were alive. Astonishing.

jhae2.718
Gold Member
These are almost as bad as when they manipulate dates to "prove" events are related...

"And if you the take the Fourier transform of a polynomial formed from the numerals of the date, multiply by j, convert to polar form, and take the real component and normalize it, you'll see that <event 1> is clearly related to <event 2>!" :rolleyes:

(Yeah, I know that makes no sense. That's the point!)

I don't think it's meant to be factually accurate, it's meant to be hilarious.

I don't think it's meant to be factually accurate, it's meant to be hilarious.

Think it missed the boat there too.

I remember very well the day Kennedy died. And Evo remembers very well the day Lincoln died. Coincidence?

Borek
Mentor
I remember very well the day Kennedy died. And Evo remembers very well the day Lincoln died. Coincidence?

I don't remember neither day.

I just hope it means I am too young, not my memory is getting weak. That would be scary.

No, this is mildly interesting. From many samples of two randomly picked individuals, how many "golly and gosh" correlations and anti-correlations could one come up with on average, given an extensive bibliography on each pair.

We could even assign weightings to the "golly and gosh" value.

For example: Both Lincoln and Kennedy were men. Golly and gosh value is zero.

Last edited:
Furthermore, to obtain objective golly-gosh weightings I suggest that correlative statements be made to an audience hooked up for EEG to measure visceral response activity as measured in RMS voltage normalized to a scale from zero to one.

Baselines measures for our audience could be obtained for each.

Watching paint dry could establish the zero value.

Placing each individual in a life threading situation could establish the upper end. This would be the fun part.

Last edited:
russ_watters
Mentor
I don't remember neither day.
I remember both like they were tomorrow.