What do you need most in your life?

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date

What do you need most in your life?

• Total voters
Freedom because I'm a teen and (regretfully) share the sentiments of my fellow peers, and strength because I've always been a Dragon Ball Z fan (I've tried to lucid dream about going Super Saiyan multiple times, trust me).

Bandersnatch
Science Advisor
Ugh. I'm still sitting on my front porch, drinking beer.
Now I know why I hated retired people so much...........
What a bunch of lazy [plural expletive deleted]!
Retirement is not in your age, nor is it in your employment status. It is a state of mind one chooses to assume.
I've made this choice in my late twenties, and never regretted it since. Now all I need in life is a bit of sunshine, a cold beer, and for those darn kids to get off my lawn. Never been so happy.
(The lawn is also a state of mind)

Likes davenn and OmCheeto
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Healing. Mainly physical healing. Every injury I get or plain old ache I get seems to take forever to get over.

My shoulder still hurts from a rafting trip I took nearly two months ago and it took over a month for my ribs quit being sore (a rafting guide fell out of the sky and landed right on my shoulder, crushing my ribs down against a paddle spanning from the edge of the raft to my thigh).

I have a 3-year-old granddaughter that still needs to be carried in a backpack carrier once in a while and always on the uphill parts of the trail, dammit!. It can take days for my back to stop aching after some of our longer hikes. (But, on the other hand, my legs are still only a tiny bit sore in spite of carrying her up all of those hills.)

The other stuff? If I got them, it means I had to change. Meh. I'm okay with myself the way I am.

Although time would have been a good option to add. I always seem to complete things just in time, mainly because I've had to put off doing some things simply because there were other things that needed done right away.

Or more help. For various reasons, last year I was the only one in my work shop with more than 3 months experience, which is why I tend to be so short of time. Now I've got one person with a year's experience, plus a part timer with a year's experience - and a part-timer with 6 months experience and a full-time person with 3 months experience - and a rock that I don't think will ever get qualified, let alone do us any good (who I also hope never reads this, because he's my boss). Not as bad as last year, but there's still only two of us full time that handle "most" problems and only me that can handle the "hard" problems (it takes around two or three years experience to begin to get really good at my job).

Hmm, given the impact this post could have on my career, I should have asked for wisdom, but meh... unemployment can't be that bad. And given the experience level in my shop, I'm not sure I could be fired.

Likes OmCheeto
StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
I check all of them. On discussion boards I need to talk to people who do not share the same account most, while off boards in face to face debates I prefer non-aggressive, mature , sincere, gentle and smart people. So I decide to hang around with gay men only.
BTW, I've known gay men who have none of the above characteristics I've bolded, and straight men who have all of the above characteristics. So be careful with generalizations! :biggrin:

Likes lisab and Silicon Waffle