What do you need to do to get an avatar/icon?

  • Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
  • #1
Mk
2,037
4
What do you need to do to get an avatar/icon? It seems like you either need to pay, or have 1000+ posts. User Andre for instance has no things by his name like "science advisor" or "mentor" or any "awards," (though he should) and his name is not in gold/yellow. But he DOES have 1000+ posts. I think any paying user can use an avatar if they wish to, right?
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
Kalimaa23
278
0
I've got one, but that's because I joined before the whole contributor deal...
 
  • #3
EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2,327
124
Dimitri Terryn said:
I've got one, but that's because I joined before the whole contributor deal...
Have you looked at your posts lately? You don't have an "awarded" avatar, just a thumbnail picture of someone with an obscurely Belgian appearance.
 
  • #4
Evo
Mentor
23,925
3,264
EnumaElish said:
Have you looked at your posts lately? You don't have an "awarded" avatar, just a thumbnail picture of someone with an obscurely Belgian appearance.
Avatars aren't awarded. Dimitri has an avatar because he's HOT and super smart. :!) :!)

He also has one because before PF solicited contributions, members could have avatars. When Greg made the change to where an avatar was one of the perks for contributing, he allowed all existing members with avatars to keep theirs.
 
  • #5
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,828
53
Evo said:
He also has one because before PF solicited contributions, members could have avatars. When Greg made the change to where an avatar was one of the perks for contributing, he allowed all existing members with avatars to keep theirs.
At least until they attempt to change it...I had one before they changed the rules, but the moment I tried to change it to a new avatar, the option went away and I couldn't even get my old one back until I started contributing (and then couldn't find my old one again). :grumpy:
 
  • #6
JamesU
Gold Member
805
3
Mk said:
What do you need to do to get an avatar/icon? It seems like you either need to pay, or have 1000+ posts. User Andre for instance has no things by his name like "science advisor" or "mentor" or any "awards," (though he should) and his name is not in gold/yellow. But he DOES have 1000+ posts. I think any paying user can use an avatar if they wish to, right?
premium memberships are really cheap.



<<<you could do some things for a certain contributer and he/she might just talk to greg really nicely... :devil:
 
  • #7
djeipa
46
0
there are many other places where i can *expose* my avatars. I have a lot of them including xxx, in my folders,
 
  • #8
EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2,327
124
djeipa said:
there are many other places where i can *expose* my avatars. I have a lot of them including xxx, in my folders,
No, djeipa, that's what you're supposed to tell certain romantically inclined parties after a few beers together. "Wanna see my avatars? They're where I live, which is right around the corner."
 
  • #9
quantumdude
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
5,575
23
yomamma said:
premium memberships are really cheap.

If I were Greg, I'd make you pay through the nose for making us look at the assface.
 
  • #10
1123581321
65
0
Tom Mattson said:
If I were Greg, I'd make you pay through the nose for making us look at the assface.

:rofl: i wonder where he found that pic...
 
  • #11
mattmns
1,118
6
Tom Mattson said:
If I were Greg, I'd make you pay through the nose for making us look at the assface.
The wonderfulness of firefox :smile:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4030/removeavatar3ou.png [Broken]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #12
JamesU
Gold Member
805
3
Tom Mattson said:
If I were Greg, I'd make you pay through the nose for making us look at the assface.
<<<Ewww... through the nose? <<<

wonderfullness
wow
 

Suggested for: What do you need to do to get an avatar/icon?

  • Last Post
Replies
30
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
7
Views
353
Replies
10
Views
510
  • Last Post
2
Replies
42
Views
1K
Replies
5
Views
260
Replies
12
Views
832
Replies
28
Views
1K
Replies
7
Views
668
Replies
19
Views
625
Top