What do you need to do to get an avatar/icon?

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
Mk

Main Question or Discussion Point

What do you need to do to get an avatar/icon? It seems like you either need to pay, or have 1000+ posts. User Andre for instance has no things by his name like "science advisor" or "mentor" or any "awards," (though he should) and his name is not in gold/yellow. But he DOES have 1000+ posts. I think any paying user can use an avatar if they wish to, right?

Answers and Replies

I've got one, but that's because I joined before the whole contributor deal...

EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Dimitri Terryn said:
I've got one, but that's because I joined before the whole contributor deal...
Have you looked at your posts lately? You don't have an "awarded" avatar, just a thumbnail picture of someone with an obscurely Belgian appearance.

Evo
Mentor
EnumaElish said:
Have you looked at your posts lately? You don't have an "awarded" avatar, just a thumbnail picture of someone with an obscurely Belgian appearance.
Avatars aren't awarded. Dimitri has an avatar because he's HOT and super smart. :!!) :!!)

He also has one because before PF solicited contributions, members could have avatars. When Greg made the change to where an avatar was one of the perks for contributing, he allowed all existing members with avatars to keep theirs.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
He also has one because before PF solicited contributions, members could have avatars. When Greg made the change to where an avatar was one of the perks for contributing, he allowed all existing members with avatars to keep theirs.
At least until they attempt to change it...I had one before they changed the rules, but the moment I tried to change it to a new avatar, the option went away and I couldn't even get my old one back until I started contributing (and then couldn't find my old one again). :grumpy:

JamesU
Gold Member
Mk said:
What do you need to do to get an avatar/icon? It seems like you either need to pay, or have 1000+ posts. User Andre for instance has no things by his name like "science advisor" or "mentor" or any "awards," (though he should) and his name is not in gold/yellow. But he DOES have 1000+ posts. I think any paying user can use an avatar if they wish to, right?
premium memberships are really cheap.

<<<you could do some things for a certain contributer and he/she might just talk to greg really nicely.... :devil:

there are many other places where i can *expose* my avatars. I have a lot of them including xxx, in my folders,

EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
djeipa said:
there are many other places where i can *expose* my avatars. I have a lot of them including xxx, in my folders,
No, djeipa, that's what you're supposed to tell certain romantically inclined parties after a few beers together. "Wanna see my avatars? They're where I live, which is right around the corner."

Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
yomamma said:
premium memberships are really cheap.
If I were Greg, I'd make you pay through the nose for making us look at the assface.

Tom Mattson said:
If I were Greg, I'd make you pay through the nose for making us look at the assface.
:rofl: i wonder where he found that pic...

Tom Mattson said:
The wonderfulness of firefox :smile:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4030/removeavatar3ou.png [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
JamesU
Gold Member
Tom Mattson said:
<<<Ewww... through the nose? <<<

wonderfullness
wow