Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What do you think are the advatages of being bachelor?

1. Aug 14, 2005 #1
    Are you Bachelor??
    What do you think are the advatages of being bachelor?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2005 #2

Homework Helper

I don't know... I was about to answer, but I realized that I've never not been a bachelor before >.<
  4. Aug 14, 2005 #3
    No, but when you consider that here in the US, 50% of marriages end in divorce, and the other 50% end in death, the advantages of being a bachelor are apparent.
  5. Aug 14, 2005 #4
    I very well know what happens in USA.My question was experience based,i wanted to know what are those things that made person think that it would have been better if i would have remained unmarried.
  6. Aug 14, 2005 #5
    Yeah but 50% of all Bachelorships end in death and 50% end in marriage. We're obviously worse off.
  7. Aug 14, 2005 #6
    benefits are obvious to me now, one of them is that I can spend whole day on PF without constant nagging
  8. Aug 14, 2005 #7

Gold Member

You just dont know how to keep your women in line! Pay the bills? *Slap!* The kids need food? *double slap!*

50% of marriages end in divorce for some odd reason
  9. Aug 14, 2005 #8

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm a bachelor..... of engineering!
  10. Aug 14, 2005 #9
    I am one of those batchelor type guys and always have been because women more or less are convinced men=Mr. Potato Head: if you don't like a particular feature you pull it off and put something else on it, and this, of course, is a great disappointment because it means they never accepted you for who you are in the first place.

So, the advantage of being a batchelor is that you are free of having your own personal "coach" who has mistaken you for a "project".
  11. Aug 14, 2005 #10
    I live by my homie Tupac's motto: M.O.B. Which is Money Over *****es. I have modified it, though, to Math Over *****es :smile:

ughhh damn censors!!! The B word rhymes with Witch
  12. Aug 15, 2005 #11
    Are there any advantages of being a bachelorette :wink:?
  13. Aug 15, 2005 #12

Gold Member

uhuh. And what Evo's gonna do to ya rhymes with ramification, welding, and suturing: Castration, gelding, neutering :eek:
  14. Aug 15, 2005 #13
    Good point, although I think your numbers are off.

I can't speak for others, but marriage has done me a world of good. I see better days and I do better things. And if I hadn't a wife, who would correct my typing?
  15. Aug 15, 2005 #14

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The main advantages of being a bachelor: mobility.

I used to make it a rule to never own more than could fit in my vehicle. Now, my vehicle has to sit outside because the garage is filled with boxes that haven't been opened in fifteen years, which was four houses ago. We actually own boxes that are never opened - just moved from house to house.

However, I have a new plan - for my wife's birthday, she's getting a box. I'm kind of curious what's in all of these boxes, myself. Who knows what memories will be released by the opening of the box? Will it be the box that proves I was innocent of throwing away the envelope that my daughter decorated with her chocolately handprint on her first Halloween? Will it be the wine glasses from our first anniversary? In broken shards, no less? Unleashing a torrent of wrath for having dropped the box, or dropped something on the box, at some unspecified time or place in our past? I hope nothing perishable was packed in the box (my daughter's cat turned up missing while loading the truck during one of our moves and was never seen again).

Having to lug around a lot of stuff is the worst thing about marriage. I think that must be why so many divorced guys have so few possessions. They're grasping that return to a simpler time.
  16. Aug 15, 2005 #15

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You beat me. That what I wanted to say when I saw this thread....

bohhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaha :cry: :cry:
  17. Aug 16, 2005 #16
    No Hot Gal has posted any comment!!
    I am beginning to think that there aren't any advantages from their point of view !
  18. Aug 16, 2005 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Seems like the hotties are too busy too post! :tongue2: :wink: heh heh
    and another thing is .. oh, nevermind..later - gotta go!
  19. Aug 16, 2005 #18
    Let me guess!!
    Another thing may be that rarely a hottie is single!!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?