What do you think are the true strength of America

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strength
In summary, America is a very inquisitive country that is always researching new things. America also has some of the most prestigious institutes in the world. America's students typically enjoy life and are very happy. America also has a lot of laws that regulate how we behave as a society.
heman
What do you think are the true strength of America,those unique factors on which America is progressing ?

Here is mine:-
America's genre of importing people,really smart people and extracting maximum out of them.!

Physics news on Phys.org
If I should point to a "national trait" which I as a European find immensely charming, it is that of seemingly boundless optimism that everything will probably work out nice and proper if you make an effort of it.

It has a sort of child-like innocence to it, I guess.

The US Constitution.

Without that, we're just another company.

Ivan Seeking said:
The US Constitution.

Without that, we're just another company.

This seems pretty ironic considering your recent post in the "Tax Racing Fuel Heavily" thread, but I agree with this statement. Also I think genetic diversity plays a part.

GOD__AM said:
This seems pretty ironic considering your recent post in the "Tax Racing Fuel Heavily" thread, but I agree with this statement.

:confused: I have no idea how you connected those two ideas.

There is great geographical diversity in the US. This isn't necessarily a strength that keeps the country powerful on the world stage, but it's one of my favorite features nonetheless. Large deserts, both dune, salt-flat, and otherwise, deciduous and evergreen forests, even tropical rainforests in Hawaii, expansive prairies, both rocky and eroded mountain ranges, and all manner of climates ranging from mediterranean to arctic. I don't think you'll find that much difference from place to place in any other country.

Of course, the human diversity doesn't hurt, either. It's nice to be able to experience practically the full glut of human cultural diversity without even having to leave the country.

Ivan Seeking said:
:confused: I have no idea how you connected those two ideas.

That's the point, that the two statements seem totally opposite, hence the irony. IMO your views in the aforementioned thread bordered on communist ideals, or at the very least taxation without representation. Thankfully we live in a country where just because a group of people oppose certain activities and think they should be abolished, or taxed into non-existence, the moral majority has the last word. No matter how wise the people in power think they are they aren't going to be able to take away our basic freedoms, or tax them into non-existence (granted we have lost some of our freedoms since 911, but this is a reaction to attacks bordering on war, and I feel it's justified as if we were thrown into martial law to some extent). This is guaranteed by the same US Constitution you mention here. /me ducks head

I was interested to hear you on the forefront of Science and technology.And actually the research and all such things,like America possesses most prestigious institutes of world.
One impression i have formed of Americans is that on an average , i can say about Americans that they are very inquisitive and research oriented and always remain cool and pressurefree.But the students of Asian countries although they are more hardworking than Americans(?) are most of times money oriented and work under pressure.
This can be seen more commonly because whenever i encounter them,they are cheerful,satisfied and happy.they seem to enjoying every moment of life.I can think of more reasons,but let's hear ya..

GOD__AM said:
That's the point, that the two statements seem totally opposite, hence the irony. IMO your views in the aforementioned thread bordered on communist ideals, or at the very least taxation without representation. Thankfully we live in a country where just because a group of people oppose certain activities and think they should be abolished, or taxed into non-existence, the moral majority has the last word. No matter how wise the people in power think they are they aren't going to be able to take away our basic freedoms, or tax them into non-existence (granted we have lost some of our freedoms since 911, but this is a reaction to attacks bordering on war, and I feel it's justified as if we were thrown into martial law to some extent). This is guaranteed by the same US Constitution you mention here. /me ducks head

Well, if it weren't for cigarette, alcohol, gambling, and even death taxes, I might agree, but it is now the policy of this nation that we control behavior through taxation, especially when it affects the poor, and we also include the added costs imposed on society due to personal choices in those taxes, so you are about a decade or five too late. Do I think this is right or just, no, but if we are going to apply the logic, it must apply equally to all.

I throw in seat belt and helmet laws as justification for fat consumption laws. Or maybe we just need a fat tax.

If you wish to continue with this, please quote this all in the other thread and I'll be back when possible. I'm traveling right now and my internet time is limited.

What do you think are the true strengths of America?

The true strengths of America are its diversity, innovation, strong economy, cultural influence, and military power.

How does America's diversity contribute to its strength?

America's diversity allows for a variety of perspectives and ideas to be shared and integrated, leading to innovation and progress in different fields. It also promotes a sense of unity and acceptance among its citizens.

What role does innovation play in America's strength?

Innovation has been a driving force behind America's success in various industries, from technology and healthcare to agriculture and energy. It allows for continuous growth and improvement, making America a global leader in many fields.

How does America's strong economy contribute to its overall strength?

America's strong economy provides stability, job opportunities, and resources for its citizens. It also attracts foreign investments and allows for a high standard of living. This economic prosperity is a crucial aspect of America's strength.

What impact does America's cultural influence have on its strength?

America's cultural influence is felt around the world through its music, films, literature, and other forms of art. This influence allows for the spread of American values and ideas, promoting democracy, freedom, and equality globally. It also strengthens diplomatic and economic ties with other countries.