What do you think of anchovies?

• Thread starter rachmaninoff
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses adding new options to a poll, including a "moderately dislike" option and a "yes, but only on pizza" option. There is also a discussion about anchovies and the varying opinions on them, with some finding them horrible and others enjoying them on certain foods. There is also mention of a vegan who voted hate for anchovies, but it is unclear if it counts since they do not eat meat. Finally, there is a humorous exchange about adding a vote for anchovies and the general dislike for them.

(very small, salty, oily fish)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • hate

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • indifferent

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
rachmaninoff
What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I refuse to vote until there's an option for "moderately dislike".

While you're at it, could you make a "yes, but only on pizza" option just to keep the fussy ones happy?

Horrible, awful, nasty things that ruin everything they touch! :yuck:

How do you add options to a poll?

Pester Evo.

Moonbear said:
Horrible, awful, nasty things that ruin everything they touch! :yuck:

You know, these are the first signs one is morphing into a veggieteariun (i.e. recognizing dead rotting flesh as nonfood).

They are the worst things short of marmite.

Les Sleeth said:
You know, these are the first signs one is morphing into a veggieteariun (i.e. recognizing dead rotting flesh as nonfood).
It's not working very well. I have a giant pork chop on the grill right now. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
It's not working very well. I have a giant pork chop on the grill right now. :biggrin:

OMG . . . . . . . . . (the required 10 characters)

Actually, I just ate a pizza with anchovies on it about 2 hours ago. It had been a long time since I had tried it before, but actually, I kind of liked it. Sort of tastes like really salty tuna, not really too bad at all.

We used anchovies for bait, not food. It really is hard to imagine eating them after hooking so many. However...Tsu makes a killer salad dressing that uses anchovy paste, and I love that stuff.

I voted hate, but since I'm vegan, does that count?

Smasherman said:
I voted hate, but since I'm vegan, does that count?
:rofl: You can add your vote with Les Sleeth's. Since we're talking about anchovies, sure, I don't think they count as meat either, just little mounds of salted bleckness. :rofl:

1. What are anchovies and why do people have such strong opinions about them?

Anchovies are small, saltwater fish commonly used in cooking and often found on pizzas and in various sauces. Some people have strong opinions about them because of their strong, salty and fishy taste.

2. Are anchovies good for you?

Yes, anchovies are a good source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and several vitamins and minerals. However, they are also high in sodium, so they should be consumed in moderation.

3. How are anchovies used in scientific research?

Anchovies are often used in ecological and environmental studies as they are an important link in marine food webs. They are also used in studies on fish behavior, genetics, and fisheries management.

4. Are anchovies sustainable to eat?

It depends on how they are caught and harvested. Some anchovy fisheries use sustainable methods, such as purse seining and mid-water trawling, while others use destructive methods like bottom trawling. It's important to research where your anchovies come from and choose sustainably sourced options.

5. Can people be allergic to anchovies?

Yes, people can have an allergic reaction to anchovies, just like with any other type of fish. If you experience symptoms such as hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling after consuming anchovies, you may have an allergy and should avoid them in the future.