Birthday in Berlin with a Multi-Millionaire Friend

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: On the way home from the airport, we stopped and bought food at a Lebanese deli so we could eat outside on his deck.Absolutely beautiful view from his deck of the woods, going down into a ravine.We had tabouleh, a marinated artichoke salad, olives and peppers, and two types of dumplings, along with a wonderful chilled champagne.I wanted seafood for dinner, so we went to Legal Seafood.I had an appetizer of mussels and then scallops for an entree paired with an excellent bottle of wine.Monday we went to the Hokusai collection, you MUST go cyrus!Then we had tapas for lunch, they were

Who should pay for the plane ticket?

• Total voters
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Let's say you have a dear friend that is going to be in Berlin, Germany at the end of April and your Birthday is during that time, so they send you an e-mail asking you to meet them there for a few days. The person that asks you also happens to be a multi-millionaire with no dependants to support. He knows he will die never having even touched most of his money.

He should pay for my ticket, right? :grumpy: It doesn't matter how much I make, since The PIT OF DOOM (aka my house) sucks my bank account clean every month. :frown:

(I'm just giving him grief, he comes here occasionally) :biggrin:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! I'll pay for the damn ticket! Quit whinning already!

:)

Zz.

This is an unfair poll. There should be an option for people who think they might agree with option C, but only if they knew what a Teddy Ruxpin was.

Is Zz going to make me regret this post, by dragging up some kind of Disney obsessive thread again?

I think private charter is in order. This would allow for more quality time.

brewnog said:
This is an unfair poll. There should be an option for people who think they might agree with option C, but only if they knew what a Teddy Ruxpin was.
www.teddyruxpin.com

You don't know who Teddy Ruxpin is?

Is Zz going to make me regret this post, by dragging up some kind of Disney obsessive thread again?
Ooooh, "Teddy does Disney", my dream thread. :!)

The poll is multiple choice.

Last edited:
Evo said:
Let's say you have a dear friend that is going to be in Berlin, Germany at the end of April and your Birthday is during that time, so they send you an e-mail asking you to meet them there for a few days. The person that asks you also happens to be a multi-millionaire with no dependants to support. He knows he will die never having even touched most of his money.

He should pay for my ticket, right? :grumpy: It doesn't matter how much I make, since The PIT OF DOOM (aka my house) sucks my bank account clean every month. :frown:

(I'm just giving him grief, he comes here occasionally) :biggrin:
I think meeting someone in Germany is a lot to ask if they aren't willing to at least help pay the expenses, unless you have always dreamt of going to Germany and have been saving up for the trip anyway and now they've just offered an opportunity to have a companion for the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
The poll is multiple choice.
I guess you're hoping someone will offer to buy you a Teddy Ruxpin no matter who pays for the ticket? The rest of the choices seem pretty mutually exclusive. :rolleyes:

Ivan Seeking said:
I think private charter is in order. This would allow for more quality time.
Good idea. :approve:

How was DC evo?

<Derails the thread Mwua ha ha ha >

Go to Sequoias?

Moonbear said:
I think meeting someone in Germany is a lot to ask if they aren't willing to at least help pay the expenses, unless you have always dreamt of going to Germany and have been saving up for the trip anyway and now they've just offered an opportunity to have a companion for the trip.
Especially after I have agreed to have him stuffed and mounted after he dies. Mounted upright on a platform with wheels, (allows me to move him around), solar panels with a backup battery for cloudy days, scotchguarded and sprayed with RAID to keeps bugs off, (still considering vermin control). I mean, we're talking true friendship here.

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
How was DC evo?
DC was great, I had a wonderful time. :smile:

Go to Sequoias?
No, but I had fabulous food everywhere I went, he made excellent choices.

Great. Sunday was such a NICE day :biggrin:. Where you all go to eat? Did you go to the museum? Do tell :rofl:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Great. Sunday was such a NICE day :biggrin:. Where you all go to eat? Did you go to the museum? Do tell :rofl:
On the way home from the airport, we stopped and bought food at a Lebanese deli so we could eat outside on his deck. Absolutely beautiful view from his deck of the woods, going down into a ravine. We had tabouleh, a marinated artichoke salad, olives and peppers, and two types of dumplings, along with a wonderful chilled champagne. I wanted seafood for dinner, so we went to Legal Seafood. I had an appetizer of mussels and then scallops for an entree paired with an excellent bottle of wine.

Monday we went to the Hokusai collection, you MUST go cyrus! Then we had tapas for lunch, they were heavenly, another great choice. We went to a movie that night and it was so late by the time we got out that we decided to just polish off the leftover Lebanese food.

Tuesday we went to a vietnamese restaurant for lunch to get soup and then while waiting for my plane that evening, we stopped for appetizers at the Legal Seafood at the airport right next to my gate. I had the crabcakes in your honor.

I had the crabcakes in your honor.

You make this Marylander proud :approve:

(Actually, I'm a washingtonian so sue me :tongue2:)

Nice airport, huh? Did you see the mosaics on the floor?

Evo said:
The person that asks you also happens to be a multi-millionaire with no dependants to support. He knows he will die never having even touched most of his money.

He should pay for my ticket, right? :grumpy:
I should think. It's not like asking you to meet him at Starbuck's for a coffee. Berlin is asking you to kinda go outa your way.

Evo said:
On the way home from the airport, we stopped and bought food at a Lebanese deli so we could eat outside on his deck. Absolutely beautiful view from his deck of the woods, going down into a ravine. We had tabouleh, a marinated artichoke salad, olives and peppers, and two types of dumplings, along with a wonderful chilled champagne. I wanted seafood for dinner, so we went to Legal Seafood. I had an appetizer of mussels and then scallops for an entree paired with an excellent bottle of wine.

Monday we went to the Hokusai collection, you MUST go cyrus! Then we had tapas for lunch, they were heavenly, another great choice. We went to a movie that night and it was so late by the time we got out that we decided to just polish off the leftover Lebanese food.

Tuesday we went to a vietnamese restaurant for lunch to get soup and then while waiting for my plane that evening, we stopped for appetizers at the Legal Seafood at the airport right next to my gate. I had the crabcakes in your honor.

Psssst, Moonbie. I think when Evo booked the DC trip, she also bought the Dining Plan! Just look at how much she ate, just like you at Disney World.

<how's that for derailing this thread into a Disney obsessive thread?>

zz.

Just look at how much she ate, just like you at Disney World.

Wow, first time I have seen you shoot yourself in both feet at once!

cyrusabdollahi said:

Puhleeze! Evo and Moonbie are my sisters. We fight and pull on each other's hair all the time, just like any siblings.

Besides, you haven't seen me put BOTH feet into my mouth at the same time. Now THAT'S a feat! <pun intended>

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Psssst, Moonbie. I think when Evo booked the DC trip, she also bought the Dining Plan! Just look at how much she ate, just like you at Disney World.
:blushing: My friend commented that he usually didn't eat so much. :redface: Hey, I was on vacation! :grumpy:

Moonbear, I think Zz should suffer for this on our next trip. :devil:

Evo said:

Oh yes, please! Make me ride Tower of Terror 20 times! I promise I'll never do it again!

.. and it will also mean that you and Moonbie will be there to give me my punishement! Hooray! ... er... I mean, oh no! This is awful!

Zz.

Evo said:
:blushing: My friend commented that he usually didn't eat so much. :redface: Hey, I was on vacation! :grumpy:
I admire people with sensitive palettes who chose quality dishes. This sort of sophistication is beyond the zoobie mentality. I can eat it, enjoy it, but not really care that much. People like you and MIH who really pay attention to that sort of thing have a "more evolved" air about you, that is cool.

ZapperZ said:
Psssst, Moonbie. I think when Evo booked the DC trip, she also bought the Dining Plan! Just look at how much she ate, just like you at Disney World

cyrusabdollahi said:

Evo said:

ZapperZ said:
Oh yes, please! Make me ride Tower of Terror 20 times! I promise I'll never do it again!

.. and it will also mean that you and Moonbie will be there to give me my punishement! Hooray! ... er... I mean, oh no! This is awful!

Zz.

:bugeye: :rofl: :uhh: :grumpy: :mad: :devil:

I think on the next visit, it's sensory deprivation for Zz! Apparently, that's the only REAL threat I can make to get even for that comment about me eating too much. (I've only just gotten back to pre-holiday weight! :cry:)

Ah! So you're back! I was confused :redface: - I thought you were going this weekend, Evo.

I looked at some Teddy Ruxpins on E-bay today. I really wish I had kept my old toys now. People who have a working teddy in good condition with all the accessories can make a lotta cash!

For your information...the people who didn't chose "I'll buy you a Teddy Ruxpin Evo!" are soon to be banned.

I see three of our more intelligent and clued in members have opted to get me a Ruxpin. :approve: :cool: Of course, it's the "thought" that counts, no actual purchase is necessary. :smile:

but a purchase will get me a 200,134th GOOBF card

Evo said:
I see three of our more intelligent and clued in members have opted to get me a Ruxpin. :approve: :cool: Of course, it's the "thought" that counts, no actual purchase is necessary. :smile:

But once you have a teddy ruxpin, there will be nothing worth having anymore.

cyrusabdollahi said:
But once you have a teddy ruxpin, there will be nothing worth having anymore.
True love?

Evo said:
I'm not sure mk's offer counts considering he also selected the "what's a Teddy Ruxpin?" option. :rofl:

1. What is the best time to celebrate a birthday in Berlin with a multi-millionaire friend?

The best time to celebrate a birthday in Berlin with a multi-millionaire friend would be during the summer months when the weather is warm and there are many outdoor activities and events to enjoy. This is also a popular time for tourists, so there will be plenty of fun and luxurious options for celebrating.

2. What are some luxurious activities to do in Berlin for a birthday celebration with a multi-millionaire friend?

Some luxurious activities to do in Berlin for a birthday celebration with a multi-millionaire friend could include renting a private yacht for a tour of the city's waterways, dining at a Michelin-starred restaurant, attending a VIP event or concert, or booking a luxury suite at a five-star hotel.

3. Is it necessary to have a large budget to celebrate a birthday in Berlin with a multi-millionaire friend?

While having a larger budget can allow for more extravagant experiences, it is not necessary to have a large budget to celebrate a birthday in Berlin with a multi-millionaire friend. There are plenty of affordable yet still luxurious options available, such as visiting historical landmarks, enjoying a day at a spa, or taking a private tour of the city.

4. What are some unique gift ideas for a multi-millionaire friend's birthday in Berlin?

Some unique gift ideas for a multi-millionaire friend's birthday in Berlin could include a personalized experience, such as a cooking class with a famous chef or a private art tour with a local expert. Other ideas could include a rare and expensive bottle of wine or a luxury fashion item from a high-end boutique in the city.

5. How can I make a birthday in Berlin with a multi-millionaire friend special and memorable?

To make a birthday in Berlin with a multi-millionaire friend special and memorable, you could plan a surprise party or gathering with their closest friends and family, arrange for a private performance or concert, or create a personalized itinerary of activities based on their interests and preferences. Additionally, making sure to capture and document the experience with photos or videos can add an extra layer of sentiment and make the memories last a lifetime.

Back