What do you use wolfram mathamatica for?

It can be used to solve mysteries of love, too.

(x2+y2-1)3 = x2 y3
(odd, it doesn't support that fomat - cut and paste this: (x^2+y^2-1)^3 = x^2 y^3 :smile:)

I entered the following by mistake: plot x^2+y^2-1)^3 = x^2 y^3
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=plot+x^2+y^2-1)^3+=+x^2+y^3 -the more lurid part of love, perhaps...
:rofl:
------------------------------------------------
:redface: sorry...May the Dark Knight protect me from the wrath of GD Queens....

I dare say Wolfram has too much free time....

what language is compatible with mathamatica?

Mathematica.

It is possible, but perhaps well beyond what someone who has zero experience with it, to interface with external code.

The question is perhaps a little like "I don't know anything about FORTRAN, but if I got a copy then can I interface to a cloud based SQL database to update a php driven web service?"

Making anything play well with anything else is almost always way more complicated than just getting something to work by itself.

Yes you can learn how to use the CUDA libraries to use high end Nvidia graphics cards to do number crunching in conjunction with Mathematica. Yes you can write your own code in (mostly) your language of choice, compile it and link it with Mathematica. Probably best to not start there. If you are really set on using another language then perhaps just stick with that language and ignore Mathematica.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mathematica+external+code

And on your Monte Carlo question, there is an old book "Computer Simulations with Mathematica" which the book vultures are now charging high prices for, but which is a tutorial introducing a variety of simulations including Monte Carlo.