What do you want for xmass?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Everyone loves you MIH. :!!)

How about those Christmas videos I owe you?
Thank you, Evo! There are Christmas videos?

I am going to send you my latest invention for Christmas - a Teflon cat box. (and don't even think about it, Kurdt. I already have the patent!)

~christina~

Gold Member
Good grades

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
New Zealand beating Australia in the cricket.

I'd love to have the feeling I used to get on the 24th of December (I couldn't wait for the 25th and tried to go to sleep early so Christmas would come quicker) when I was around 6 years old. Christmas was the BEST! even better than a birthday. It was a feeling like, if Santa is real and Christmas is real, then nothing in the world can be bad...But, then you get older, Santa is a fake, half the world doesn't believe in Christmas, the other quarter call it xmas and it just becomes a fight through the shops at the last minute to buy a bunch of crap that people don't need.

I'm going to visit some new family eat myself into a half coma and lie on the couch and watch the Grinch. :wink:

I'll confess to wanting a pocket-size digital balance. It'd be perfect for outreach I do for HS physics/chemistry teachers... and our lab director keeps every single working balance in the department under PERSONAL lock and key. AUGH!

They are down to about $60. I'm thinking of splurging for my sanity and dignity. I hate groveling.

Plus... they look cute and and shiny! :biggrin:

Oh, and I need a warm scarf/muffler for my neck, socks, and a large bulky sweater.

And a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry (or Dry Sack), a good unblended scotch, and Baileys.
If the second list arrives, you shouldn't need any items from the first! :biggrin:

Abdul20202

Guests, for dinner. Everybody is invited.

and no X-mas shifts this year for me, X fingers
well what i want will take the whole computer system to overload.

Evo

Mentor
Can I have love too? I want this guy.
dork.gif

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Can I have love too? I want this guy. [PLAIN]http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/moods/dork.gif[/QUOTE][/URL] [Broken]

I may have found him for you. Sending you a PM now....

Last edited by a moderator:
New friends. Understanding.
Scholarship.....

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Andre said:
BobG said:
Math Is Hard said:
Ivan Seeking said:
In that case we'll have to get you a slide rule.
Slide rules are easy. Love?

That's going to take more than one box.
somebody may have missed a pickup line:

Math Is Hard said:
OK, here's my new trick. I bump into an engineer at a bar and say. "oopsie!" and let a slide rule fall out of my purse. I think it has potential.
Doh! For some reason, my first thought was the Wizard of Oz (a diploma for the tinman, a robe for the lion, etc). Now it makes a lot more sense.

I just want a post with quotes nested to at least 7 levels.

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
All the PF sisters are loved already.

Are you sending Kurdt, MIH?

Anyone else find reciprocal gift giving sort of ridiculous as you get older. I think when I have kids it will be different. But my family is older now and it seems silly them giving me a list of what they want. All this stuff they can get on a Saturday afternoon. Then I have to give them a few things I kinda want. I can buy anything I want off amazon in 3 seconds. So what is the point? I suppose if you find something they really want by yourself without a list is fun, but that get harder the less you see them.

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yes, Christmas is really for the kids. I think this thread shows how peoples priorities change over the years.

turbo

Gold Member
Anyone else find reciprocal gift giving sort of ridiculous as you get older. I think when I have kids it will be different. But my family is older now and it seems silly them giving me a list of what they want. All this stuff they can get on a Saturday afternoon. Then I have to give them a few things I kinda want. I can buy anything I want off amazon in 3 seconds. So what is the point? Anyone?
My father likes handing out cards and checks well before Christmas, and I can't dissuade him, so my wife and I make sure that he gets stuff that he really needs. It's not store-bought presents, usually, but stuff that an 83 year-old widower can use. My wife is taking care of her mother for the next 20+ hours (home-bound with dementia) and when she gets relieved tomorrow she's going to take my father a nice big pork loin end roast and gravy. That will keep him in meals and sandwiches for a while. He stopped in yesterday, and I gave him a couple of quarts of home-made chicken soup. I made brine today, and she's going to soak two of the roasts in it tonight - one for her mother and one for my father - and roast them tomorrow.

When you're an old fellow whose cooking sucks (to be polite) getting decent meals is a good thing.

Danger

Gold Member
A week with my boyfriend!!! I can't wait. :biggrin:
If you're willing to share, you can take care of MIH's request at the same time.
(Not mention giving bf a present that he'll never forget.)
:biggrin: