1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What does it take to get a scholarship to the MIT

1. Sep 19, 2005 #1
    I just want to know what does it take to get a scholarship to the MIT
    I read the the scholarship topic but I am specifically asking about MIT

and i want to know if I can get my MS in EE there ?

The problem is that I live in Egypt and here we don't have the whole electrical and computer engineering major we have it divided into three majors communication and electronics, computer engineering and power and control

I major in electronic and communication so does anyone know if i can get my MS
    in MIT ?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2005 #2
    Mostly i wasn't talking about the money i was talking about the SAT's and all that stuff

Simply because I hear it's the best
  4. Sep 21, 2005 #3
    MIT doesn't do merit-based scholarships -- only need based. There are some outside organizations (such as the Gates scholarship), but those are EXTREMELY difficult to obtain.

Good luck.
  5. Sep 22, 2005 #4
    hmm need based? in what sense?
  6. Sep 22, 2005 #5
    if you're very poor but you could potentially be the next Einstein... Mit ain't cheap ya know
  7. Oct 1, 2005 #6
    MIT my dream land to learn physics.
    i am a software engineer now after did my MCA. i have been placed in Cognizant Technology Solutions.
    my curiosity to learn physics is drilling me ...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?