What does req´d mean in Mechanics texts?

In summary, "req´d" is an acronym commonly used in mechanics texts and stands for "required". It is a standard abbreviation and is not specific to mechanics.
Valeria29
What does "req´d" mean in Mechanics texts?

Hello!
I am translating a text about an air curtain into Spanish and I need to know the meaning of "req´d" in this classification please. I give some context:

Mark:
Model Number:
Number Req´d: "Req´d" is a term used in mechanics for "required"?
Overall length
Weight:
Etc.

Thank you very much for the help, it is urgent!

Physics news on Phys.org

Valeria29 said:
Hello!
I am translating a text about an air curtain into Spanish and I need to know the meaning of "req´d" in this classification please. I give some context:

Mark:
Model Number:
Number Req´d: "Req´d" is a term used in mechanics for "required"?
Overall length
Weight:
Etc.

Thank you very much for the help, it is urgent!

I googled "acronyms" and it seems that req'd does indeed stand for required.

Thank you! I did search on Google too and I found it as "required" but as I don´t know anything about mechanics... lol

Thanks for the help!

It doesn't have anything to do with mechanics - it's more or less a standard abbreviation for required.

Great! Thank you Mark for your reply =)

1. What does "req'd" stand for in Mechanics texts?

In Mechanics texts, "req'd" is an abbreviation for "required". It is commonly used to indicate a necessary step, process, or condition in a problem or experiment.

2. Is "req'd" a standard term in Mechanics texts?

Yes, "req'd" is a commonly used abbreviation in Mechanics texts. It is used to save space and to make the text more concise and readable.

3. How is "req'd" different from "required" in Mechanics texts?

"Req'd" is simply an abbreviated form of "required" and has the same meaning. It is used interchangeably with "required" in Mechanics texts.

4. Are there any other common abbreviations used in Mechanics texts?

Yes, there are several other common abbreviations used in Mechanics texts, such as "w/" for "with", "w/o" for "without", and "i.e." for "that is". It is important to be familiar with these abbreviations in order to understand the text accurately.

5. How can I ensure I understand the meaning of "req'd" in Mechanics texts?

If you are unsure of the meaning of "req'd" or any other abbreviation in a Mechanics text, it is best to refer to a glossary or ask the author for clarification. It is also helpful to read the text in its entirety to get a better understanding of the context in which the abbreviation is used.