Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What ever happened to mentat?

1. Apr 2, 2004 #1
    i left for a couple of months and the great mentat is gone? what's happened?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe he found a girl? :smile:

- Warren

4. Apr 2, 2004 #3

Tsu

Gold Member

So, from this we can conclude that... it's all YOUR fault he's gone!!! For cryin' out loud. I bet THAT'LL teach you to leave for a couple of months, huh? Just DON'T do it again! Who knows WHO will disappear if you do! :eek: :biggrin:

5. Apr 2, 2004 #4
    Hold on just a second!

Who do we want to disappear? The "maximus effect" could be quite useful, if we can figure out how to control it!

cookiemonster

6. Apr 3, 2004 #5
    Maximus, would you please direct all of your God given energy towards the California Legislature.

7. Apr 3, 2004 #6

Tsu

Gold Member

I'd prefer The White House. Yeah! Make THEM disappear, maximus!!! PLEASE???!!!

8. Apr 4, 2004 #7
    Seriously though, wasn't Mentat's mom who dragged him off PF, partly because he spent too much time on here and partly because she is a religious nut?

9. Apr 4, 2004 #8
    A mom telling a child to do something other than (ostentatiously, at least...) academics... That's a first.

cookiemonster

10. Apr 4, 2004 #9

jimmy p

Gold Member

hah my dad doesnt think i should go on PF as much as i do, cos he says it isnt relevant and i dont do anything academic on there. He is mostly right. :)

11. Apr 4, 2004 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yes she is, I remember he said he was being restricted from using the computer.

12. Apr 4, 2004 #11
    I suspect that was partly, at that time, some of the language was a little rougher, in places....he was getting access to learning 'adult things', clearly, as there are some open conversations in some of the knowledge of sex, and sex related, "realms", also discourses upon God, God's nature, which his Mom (or parents...we don't know?) might not have wanted him exposed to, who knows the rest, I think he came back and might have felt different as he wasn't 'as missed' the second time, as the first...but as I said, who knows, if he doesn't tell us...right?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2004
  13. Apr 6, 2004 #12
    Also gotta remember he is sorta like a 15 year old going into puberty with the mind of a well, very educated 15 year old, remember what you were like? wonder why his parent(s) want to protect him? worlds just gotta be opening up to him in ways he never dreamed of.....hope his Mom finds what she needs, to be his Mom, and him, to follow what he needs to......

14. Apr 6, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

he had a heck of a lot of posts for a 15 year old, is he some kind of child protege?

15. Apr 6, 2004 #14
    Really well read, and learned, young Man...growing up, like all the rest of us...

16. Apr 7, 2004 #15

You know, I was once on a forum and when I strated spending too much time
    on it (particularly the physics section; because of this little addiction and the cosequences, I'm repelling that forum! [sometimes]), my mom became very strict about the amount of time I spend on it.
    Though I must admit, it was influencing (negatively) the time I spent on my schoolwork. Then I had to leave the forum. BUT, I have enforced intense internet deciplinary rules so I don't spend too much time on a forum or just the internet in general.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?