What ever happened to this dude?

• Thread starter rigetFrog
  • Start date
I found this on the Googles while searching for band structure experiments.

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~kovar/hall.html

anyone know whatever happened to this poor guy? Maybe some one should tell Wisconsin they are providing us with great entertainment....

Likes 1 person

Answers and Replies

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
He is now a software engineer at Google.

Helpful trick: in steps, remove the last bits of a URL to reveal more general results, e.g., trying

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~kovar

reveals the name Lucas Kovar. Googling this name pulls up his LinkedIn stuff, which shows what he does now.

Likes 1 person
interhacker
Gold Member
He is now a software engineer at Google.

Helpful trick: in steps, remove the last bits of a URL to reveal more general results, e.g., trying

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~kovar

reveals the name Lucas Kovar. Googling this name pulls up his LinkedIn stuff, which shows what he does now.

Lol. Way to stalk the guy. :biggrin:

Absolute hoot...thanks for bringing back some horrid memories of the lab.

whoa, jmeps! Did you create an account just to answer this post? Have you feelings changed on that old project?

Dr Transport
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I remember showing this website to two of my professors in graduate school, my adviser almost peed his pants laughing, the other failed to find the humor in it at all....

I still laugh at it to this day because I spend more time writing code than doping real physics...

whoa, jmeps! Did you create an account just to answer this post? Have you feelings changed on that old project?

Answer to first question, no.

Answer to second one, no.

It's not the subject matter, it's the presentation. Most amusing.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
That was quite good. I like his graph. It reminds me of the data I acquired from doing a couple of experiments on my solar panels, inspired by a PF question on the subject. I decided that solar panels must be evil quantum devices, as every time I observed the data, it moved, and thus, I'm still uncertain how they really work. :tongue:

Oh dear. The things I learn, when trying to verify my wittiness: "The uncertainty principle has been frequently confused with the observer effect, evidently even by its originator, Werner Heisenberg."
:redface:

This guy really has a way with words.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
Interesting. I'm a fan of the Lytro camera, which is where Chroot used to work, and one of my FB fans just got a job there. I was going to tell him to look up Chroot, and tell him hi for me, but I see that Chroot now also works at Google.

What a small, and wonderful world.

obligatory Om jingle :smile: