Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What exactly are electrogravitics?

1. Jun 16, 2005 #1
    what exactly are electrogravitics?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 16, 2005 #2
    A new word.

4. Jun 16, 2005 #3
    Oo, oo, my go!

What exactly is quantasmutation?

5. Jun 16, 2005 #4

hardly!

______

6. Jun 16, 2005 #5
    Did a quick websearch. It seems 'electrogravitics' is a general term applied to 'anti-gravity' devices (they probably proove GM wrong or something). Anywho, it's clear to see they just employ electrostatics to essentially repel a charged object from a high tension supply of some description.

7. Jun 16, 2005 #6

don't pay any attention to such words...it is rubbish that has never been proven...i am sure this is another Podkletnov-invention

marlon

8. Jun 16, 2005 #7
    IndustriaL, do you want to defy gravity? Just stand up. It's amazing how your head doesn't fall under the influence of gravity.

9. Jun 16, 2005 #8
    I thought that podkletnov got at most a 2.1% reduction in 'gravity', No?

He had used a dual layer Yttrium barium copper oxide for the disk...From what I understood the two different layers (crystal structures) formed because of how quickly the one side of the disk was cooled. When NASA replicated his experiment they just generally assumed that since there is a very large conductive difference between the two layers, that they could use an entirely different element for one of the layers...for costs sake.

I am not as knowledgeable as some people on this forum I am sure, that aside I found NASA's review of his work to be piss-poor, and their saying that they found nothing is nearly worthless. I would have liked to see someone who took it seriously review it, not to discredit the hard working folks over @ NASA, but after reading through their review I came to the conclusion that should have tried to get ahold of the original disk in the first place...I am assuming that it is/was the property of Moscow U? Failing that if they could not fabricate it at least out of the same elements, then they should NOT have done the experiment at all! IMO they discredited his work with a setup that was destined to fail from the beginning.

10. Aug 10, 2011 #9

FlexGunship

Gold Member

Re: electrogravitics

As per an alternate thread.

11. Aug 10, 2011 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Re: electrogravitics

Six year old thread, does not meet our current standards. Necroposts deleted, left flex's explanation in response to necroposts.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?