What exactly is fire?

• Thread starter losang
  • Start date
The way I see it, physics is the prediction of physical phenomena through. The most useful tool we have is math.

Philosophy, on the other hand, is the description of phenomena both physical and metaphysical. We use logic for this.

You could argue, that mathematics is logical, and logic is mathematical. But it would be foolish to draw equivalence between prediction and description.

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dang! somehow I missed, I am sure I had General Philosophy selected when I clicked the move button. This thread has been seperated from a topic gone wild in Physics. (That is not ever remotely related to Girls gone wild!)

Hehe :smile:. I'm finished. There is really no point in going on, not that there ever was anyway...

Exactly. :)

losang
Sort of unrelated to the topic of fire. I considered your alegation that I am this tenzin person by looking at what he wrote. I must say I wish I was this person. What he wrote was really a stroke of insight. I think if this person was still here I would have someone with whom I could engage in very enjoyable conversations with.

I am sorry he is gone.

Originally posted by losang
Sort of unrelated to the topic of fire. I considered your alegation that I am this tenzin person by looking at what he wrote. I must say I wish I was this person. What he wrote was really a stroke of insight. I think if this person was still here I would have someone with whom I could engage in very enjoyable conversations with.

I am sorry he is gone.

OMG. Now it is obvious. Heh, smart move.

Originally posted by losang
If you pour dust into the ear of a donkey he makes the sound 'kur kur kur'. If you pour gold dust into the ear of a donkey he makes the same sound.
Fire is a virus and it has infected this thread.

Response overload! :p

But I know that these people won't get an answer in the near future.