What is "Lost"? Understanding a Status

• Thread starter Vance
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lost
In summary, the conversation is about the concept of being "lost" and how it can manifest in different ways for different people. The speakers share their personal experiences and opinions on how to deal with feelings of being lost and finding one's true passions. They also discuss the negative effects of excessive computer usage and the importance of taking care of one's health.
Vance
Okay, guys, I have a question
What exactly is *lost* ?
I don't mean anything about losing a game, losing for something, I mean a status, yes, I am lost, you are lost, we are getting lost etc.
:smile: A couple of days ago, I didnt know why I, on one hand held my cup of coffee without sugar, but I reached the other hand for salt...
Is that *lost* ? I actually didnt pay attention to it at that time, I couldn't concentrate much...I thought again and again and said *Crazy !*, and then I felt hot, my face, my ears, and I sat still for a while, glued my eyes to my computer screen...Suddenly, I heard the sound of a drop of water onto my cup of coffee, which made me awake, and I then knew that it was my tear-drop...But only one, one drop only and perhaps its sound stopped everything...I myself call it a *lost*...

How about you ?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
oh state of lost, i have that happen a lot of times

u just can't feel you self. u lose ur self. it's like half asleep it's come from negative pressure, confusion and tired from stress of course.

lol have a walk outside would help, don't sleep too late. don't stick to ur monitor.

That sounds more like a psychological question than a philosophical question to me. ;)

Stevo said:
That sounds more like a psychological question than a philosophical question to me. ;)

umm closest to post i guess

I'm not saying that he shouldn't have posted it here, if that's what you're getting at. I couldn't give a toss. :D

Depends on what you have lost my friend. If it is yourself that is lost then i suggest you find yourself as soon as possible. Perhaps your habits are doing things you haven't got much passion for. You should start trying to do what you love instead of doing what works or satisfies your day. There's a huge difference between doing what you love and surviving the next day.
I've felt that same lost awhile back, all i had to do was stop using the computer and start getting active. Now i only go on 1-2hrs a day and get restless when i don't do something i love.

Thanks everyone, :)

I think I can't stop using computer, though I am not a CS student, I love computer, I think I can handle this *lost*, I will try to concentrate on, as THANOS suggested, what I really love, Thats computer programming and... biology !

Yes, I couldn't sleep those days, because of *lost*.
4~5 hour sleep /day is enough for me. Coffee sometimes keeps my eyes open wide night and day...

I think I lost so much, so many things, my time, my lessons, my concentration on teaching my little student...I will take them all back, and as I promised, I will always pray for you...for next time, for ever...

Fiona

Vance said:
Thanks everyone, :)

I think I can't stop using computer, though I am not a CS student, I love computer, I think I can handle this *lost*, I will try to concentrate on, as THANOS suggested, what I really love, Thats computer programming and... biology !

Yes, I couldn't sleep those days, because of *lost*.
4~5 hour sleep /day is enough for me. Coffee sometimes keeps my eyes open wide night and day...

I think I lost so much, so many things, my time, my lessons, my concentration on teaching my little student...I will take them all back, and as I promised, I will always pray for you...for next time, for ever...

Fiona

wow 4~5 hours daily i don't think it's any good . 7 hour sleep if u r really busy!

health is more imporatant! trust me

1. What is "Lost"?

"Lost" is a television series that aired from 2004 to 2010. It follows a group of plane crash survivors who become stranded on a mysterious island and must work together to survive and unravel the island's mysteries.

2. Is "Lost" based on a true story?

No, "Lost" is not based on a true story. It is a work of fiction created by J.J. Abrams, Jeffrey Lieber, and Damon Lindelof.

3. How many seasons are there of "Lost"?

There are 6 seasons of "Lost", with a total of 121 episodes.

4. What is the status of "Lost"?

"Lost" is a completed series, with all episodes having aired and the story having been concluded.

5. Can "Lost" be found on streaming platforms?

Yes, "Lost" can be found on various streaming platforms, including Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+. It is also available for purchase on DVD and Blu-ray.