What famous scientist reminds you of yourself?

• Thread starter kaleidoscope
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scientist
In summary, the conversation centers around the question of which famous scientist each person relates to. While some mention names like Archimedes, Einstein, and Feynman, others bring up fictional characters such as Sheldon J Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants and Hubert J. Farnsworth from Futurama. The conversation also touches on qualities like cleverness, humanitarianism, and narcissism, and includes references to various scientific concepts and pop culture. Ultimately, the conversation highlights the unique personalities and interests of each individual.
kaleidoscope

Physics news on Phys.org
Archimedes Id totaly have done what he did if I lived back then.

Me. :devil:

I don't think I'm near as clever as any famous scientist. As for personality, I like Einstein's humanitarian side the most, but I'm probably more of a narcissist, like Feynman.

I'm a lot like Einstein on a bad hair day.

Sheldon J Plankton,the restauranteur boffin from Spongebob squarepants

Hubert J. Farnsworth.

Pengwuino said:
Hubert J. Farnsworth.

"Oooh! If anyone needs me, I'll be in the angry dome!"

Last edited:
Which one is the smartest one?

EDIT: Take that scientist and, for the other qualities, use Mike Turner's.

Feynman. A little bit hippie, genius and maverick.

Emmett Brown

1.21 gigawatts? Great Scott!

Michael J. Fox

Dr. Frankenstein mwhahahaha

magpies said:
Archimedes Id totaly have done what he did if I lived back then.

Do you mean that you would play with boats in the bathtub, or that you would run naked through the streets?

Definitely Albert Einstein. I have bad hair day whenever I get up in the mornings, and also I am good at only physics and mathematics (along with other subjects such as music), but everything else seemed to me very hard to comprehend!

moi? :rolleyes:

Poisson! :biggrin:

Dr John Manhatten

The Professor from Gilligan's Island, but with Einstein's hair and mustache.

tiny-tim said:

I don't get it.

It's a fish thing. :wink:

tiny-tim said:

So, you like mass inflation inside black holes. :biggrin:

You're disqualified George. You actually do look like Albert Einstein.

jimmysnyder said:
You're disqualified George. You actually do look like Albert Einstein.

lol...

me... Carl Sagan :) I know I can pick any page of Cosmos and I will find beautifully phrased facts, analogies, metaphors... Has anybody else watched 20+ times 'A Glorious Dawn' remix on youtube?

As a scientist, I am often asked which famous scientist I identify with. Here are the top 5 most commonly asked questions about this topic:

1. Who is your biggest inspiration as a scientist?

My biggest inspiration as a scientist is Marie Curie. Her groundbreaking work in radioactivity and her determination to succeed in a male-dominated field inspire me to push boundaries and make meaningful contributions to the scientific community.

2. Which scientist do you think shares your approach to research?

I believe my approach to research is similar to that of Charles Darwin. Like him, I am curious, observant, and constantly seeking to expand my knowledge and understanding of the natural world.

3. Is there a scientist whose personality you feel reflects your own?

I would say that my personality aligns with that of Albert Einstein. Like him, I am a deep thinker, always questioning and challenging ideas, and I have a strong sense of curiosity and imagination.

4. Which scientist do you think has had the most impact on your field of study?

The scientist who has had the most impact on my field of study is Rosalind Franklin. Her groundbreaking research on the structure of DNA paved the way for our current understanding of genetics and her dedication to her work inspires me to always strive for excellence in my own research.

5. Are there any lesser-known scientists who have influenced your work?

Yes, there are many lesser-known scientists who have influenced my work. One example is Chien-Shiung Wu, a Chinese-American physicist who made significant contributions to the field of nuclear physics and was a pioneer for women in science. Her perseverance and determination in the face of discrimination continue to inspire me to break barriers and make a difference in my own field.