What Factors Contribute to a Perfect Day?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about two people discussing their day. One person had a perfect day with no work, beautiful weather and no worries. The other person had a busy and stressful day at work but still managed to find a silver lining. They both agree that every day can have its ups and downs.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
No, A, not that, but a day when everything goes right, a day when nothing intrudes on your happiness, i had one today, no work, the sun shinning, no worries, bliss :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Glad you did, I arrived at work to find a sea of red (60 emails all needing attention!), spent 5 hours in a meeting with a customer, ran some cooling trials and didn't even get time to stop for lunch!

Oh, and then had a stroke of genius 5 minutes before I had to leave. Better to be busy than not though, I suppose!

I sure do like days like that.

Today was the opposite for me though.

Oh well.

Mk said:
I sure do like days like that.

Today was the opposite for me though.

Oh well.

I guess every day can have a sting in it, any way stiff upper lip there is all way tomorrow, i hope.:biggrin:

My day was bent, queer and downright sh*tty. :frown:

arildno said:
My day was bent, queer and downright sh*tty. :frown:

Just let me know when some one is shirtty with you, i will give them a hard stare.:approve:

What is the premise of "A Day of Uninterrupted Bliss"?

"A Day of Uninterrupted Bliss" is a sci-fi short story about a group of scientists who create a machine that allows them to experience a full day of perfect happiness in just a few minutes.

What inspired the concept of "A Day of Uninterrupted Bliss"?

The concept was inspired by the idea of being able to artificially induce happiness and the potential consequences of such a technology.

How does the machine in "A Day of Uninterrupted Bliss" work?

The machine stimulates the brain to release large amounts of dopamine and serotonin, creating a feeling of euphoria and happiness.

What are the ethical implications of using the machine in "A Day of Uninterrupted Bliss"?

The story explores the potential consequences and moral dilemmas of using a technology that allows for instant and artificial happiness. It also raises questions about the authenticity and value of true happiness.

Is "A Day of Uninterrupted Bliss" based on any real scientific research?

While the concept of artificially inducing happiness is not currently possible, the story is based on the neuroscience of happiness and the potential implications of future developments in this field.