Is PhysicsPost undergoing changes for improved efficiency?

• Thread starter Phobos
  • Start date
In summary, there were some DNS problems over the past couple days but they will be fixed in a few hours. The conversation then shifted to discussing the 'Active Users' list, which is currently not in alphabetical order. Greg mentioned that it saves bandwidth and there are plans to re-evaluate features once the new server is settled. The other person doesn't mind the current setup if it makes the site more efficient.
Phobos
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Guess I've been out of the loop for a while. :blushing:

Physics news on Phys.org
It will be back in a few hours. We had some DNS problems over the past couple days.

Speaking of problems...
I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, so I figured that I'd just piggy-back on this one. It's no big deal, but I was wondering if the 'Active Users' list will be returned to alphabetical order some time. I know that you have lots more important things to worry about; I just find it a bit difficult to read when I'm looking for a specific name.

Danger said:
Speaking of problems...
I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, so I figured that I'd just piggy-back on this one. It's no big deal, but I was wondering if the 'Active Users' list will be returned to alphabetical order some time. I know that you have lots more important things to worry about; I just find it a bit difficult to read when I'm looking for a specific name.
Greg says it saves bandwidth. :frown:

Danger said:
Speaking of problems...

Once we're settled on the new server I can re-evaluate some features

Cool. As I said, it's no big deal anyhow. If the site is more efficient this way, by all means leave it be.

1. What exactly is PhysicsPost?

PhysicsPost is an online educational platform that provides news, articles, and resources related to the field of physics. It aims to engage and educate readers on various topics in physics, from the latest breakthroughs to fundamental concepts.

2. Why is PhysicsPost no longer active?

Unfortunately, PhysicsPost is currently inactive as the team behind it has moved on to other projects. The website is still accessible for readers to access the archived content, but no new articles or updates will be posted.

3. Will PhysicsPost ever be revived?

At this time, there are no plans to revive PhysicsPost. However, the team may consider bringing it back in the future if there is enough interest and resources available.

4. Can I still access the articles and resources on PhysicsPost?

Yes, all of the articles and resources on PhysicsPost are still available to read. You can browse through the archives to find articles on specific topics or use the search bar to find specific articles.

5. Is PhysicsPost a reliable source of information?

While PhysicsPost aimed to provide accurate and quality information, it is always important to fact-check and use multiple sources when conducting research. The articles on PhysicsPost were written by a team of experts in the field of physics, but it is always best to consult peer-reviewed journals and textbooks for the most reliable information.