Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What happened to the list of unnswered threads?

1. Jan 20, 2017 #1
    The option to choose to look at the list of unanswered threads seems to have vanished. Is this a PF problem or is my computer messed up?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2017 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

It's not PF.

4. Jan 20, 2017 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Forums, Unanswerd Threads

:smile:

5. Jan 20, 2017 #4

jtbell

Here's what I see just now on the right side of my browser window:

unanswered.gif

6. Jan 20, 2017 #5

OCR

Seems so...

upload_2017-1-20_22-53-49.png

7. Jan 21, 2017 #6
    Hi @berkeman:

On the main page which says:
    Physics Forums - The Fusion of Science and Community
    I cannot find any mention of "Unanswered Threads". There used to be, just a few days ago, a link at the top right along with
    which said
    Unanswered Threads .​
    That is not there any more. When this now missing link was selected, in the yellow space at the top of the page where now appear such messages as
    1. Buzz Bloom, help support this great Physics Forums community and consider upgrading to Gold membership today.
    2. PF thrives by your sharing of our community with your friends, family and colleagues.
    3. Please add a link to Physics Forums on your website/blog or share PF on social media. If you do, tell me and I'll give you Gold Membership.
    4. Have a web page or blog? Consider linking to Physics Forums. Every little bit helps!
    5. Visit PF Insights
    Daily fascinating physics and math articles. Over 300 currently!
    When the Unanswered Threads link in the upper right was selected, then a message in the yellow space would appear with a link to Unanswered Threads. When that link was selected the Unanswered Threads page would appear with the current list of these in reverse chronological order, together with how long previous the thread was created, and who created it.

I can find no way to get back to this page. I looked at this page every day to see if there was a thread for which I could offer some help.

Regard,
    Buzz

8. Jan 21, 2017 #7
    Hi @jtbell:
    I do not see what you see. What you see is
    NEWEST UNANSWERED THREADS (29) .​
    What I see instead is
    Recent Insights .

Regards,
    Buzz

9. Jan 21, 2017 #8
    Hi @OCR:
    I cannot find what you displayed in your post. What did you do to get that display?

ADDED
    I found it! Thanks for helping.

I am still puzzled by the sudden absence of the interface i used to use.

Regards,
    Buzz

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  10. Jan 21, 2017 #9
    I think what you are referring to are the notices. These are not meant to be permanent. They are to be read, possibly acted on and then dismissed :)

11. Jan 21, 2017 #10

OCR

Are you seeing something like this, Buzz ?

upload_2017-1-21_22-42-5.png

12. Jan 22, 2017 #11

jtbell

I see the RECENT INSIGHTS box above NEWEST UNANSWERED THREADS. In my picture, you can see the bottom of that box.

Going down the right side of the screen, from top to botton, I see:

FOLLOW PHYSICS FORUMS
    (social media icons)

RECENT INSIGHTS

NEWEST UNANSWERED THREADS

FEATURED DISCUSSIONS

NEW VIDEOS

MEMBERS ONLINE NOW

13. Jan 22, 2017 #12
    Hi @OCR:
    No. What I see is the following.
    PhysicsForums main page.png
    Thanks for helping,
    Buzz

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  14. Jan 22, 2017 #13
    Hi @jtbell:

I see this now, but I am not sure it has always been present. However, it may have been there without my noticing it.

The interface I was always used to using before was the blue text list of links on the right below the yellow space at the top. (See my post #12.) That area used to have an "Unanswered Threads" link. When that link was selected, another "Unanswered Threads" link appeared immediately in the yellow area. Selecting this second "Unanswered Threads" link would make the list on unanswered threads appear.

Thanks for helping,
    Buzz

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted