Old Forum Gone: What Happened?

• Thread starter Evil
  • Start date
In summary, the old forum is no longer available, and users who tried to log in were not able to. The new forum is faster to surf, but there are some graphics problems.
Evil
i just want to ask what happened to the old forum...i tried to log in but couldn't and i had to take up a new identity...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greetings !
Originally posted by Evil
i just want to ask what happened to the old forum...

Good morning ! :wink: PF 3 is here !
Originally posted by Evil
i tried to log in but couldn't and i had to take up a new identity...
Who were you ?

Peace and long life.

PF 3 is in full gear better than ever! It may take a few more days for everyone to migrate over as the DNS propagation continues.

Lets get this baby rollin!:smile:

Yeah !
PF 3.0 is far better in features, but i personally see that there are some little graphics (and showing) problems.
First of all the width of the forums is more than 800 pixels, so users with resolution 600*800 will have some problems reading the posts and replies (they will need to scroll to the left and right ).
Also the picture at the top ( [Removed Broken Link] ) is about 2 pixels bigger than the talbe underneath it.
Just wanted to point those thing out :smile:.
Thanks greg for PF 3.0, and everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love the fact that we are able to install our own avatar and upload images :) Just hoping that no one is going to misuse these functions..

well that is what the *ban* function is for.

I will come to love PF 3 as much as I did PF 2 as soon as I manage to get my old avatar back.
And my old signature I guess.. *sigh*

Evil who were you and umm

WHERE WERE YOU?!

hehehe everyone has been talking about it for at least a month.

ermz...was realli busy the past month because of all the common tests...didnt realli notice...does this mean i go back to my old identity?

The new forum is faster to surf, improvement in server ?

I miss the "active topics" button, and I miss how as soon as there was a reply in the old PF, the topic used to go to the top.

And I've gotten this message twice now, when I've gone to reply for something:
”åŽCŽAÇ& ug‚–ʨ)ÊrœðS”9A”9Cœr ŽaÊ È*qÈ,ÂD  rÇ0ä8ªrÀ'ò.ˆèÂ.° ‘Ô›¢8-‡ˆþ  endstream endobj 5 0 obj << /Type /Page /Parent 95 0 R /Resources 6 0 R /Contents 7 0 R /MediaBox [ 0 0 595 842 ] /CropBox [ 0 0 595 842 ] /Rotate 0 >> endobj 6 0 obj << /ProcSet [ /PDF /Text ] /Font << /F1 105 0 R /F2 113 0 R /F6 12 0 R /F7 13 0 R /F8 14 0 R /F9 15 0 R /F14 20 0 R /F15 21 0 R /F16 22 0 R /F17 23 0 R /F18 24 0 R /F19 25 0 R /F20 26 0 R /F21 27 0 R >> /ExtGState << /GS1 132 0 R /GS2 133 0 R >> >> endobj 7 0 obj << /Length 43306 /Filter /FlateDecode >> stream H‰ŒWËn\¹E¶ýwÙ D‹o.“™Ø/fÜÀ,/4rÛ‘£F–íø;ò%ùÃœz°›W†Ç† ï¹u‹dÕ©SÅ?6ç¿n.¯?~º¿¹¸¾=<>\_-×ËæïûÍù³°Ð²»é.ö?ûš ¥·¥vrÅS\ö·¿¼Ûœ?EË»›3ï¼÷øø ðþóæb{y÷fw–Jriû¸ÃkÚþëp7[FÊöþÓ‘ˆŸ×ü+o/oîïÞ©mß…Šw_v¯÷/°;ÒÝQpasûŸyµ«Íö»ý{45ð®ÖÚôý6è«0^eÃÿª8>IÕ^ý‰·ôCÞÎ(»”SZÎÈ…Ê÷¼–'^[ŒQ_i\ƒòðxåØð{œúù†–°¿ ´DËç…üòr¹xí—7œ•ÀY¡‰MÅå’—º«>.·G "y¹Ù¼ÒÜw]½¸@¥Kîíg ®”Ôá!€ 4÷¼£¿è¾ËØwÉ%ÎÂNkfM«àGW¯äRÏuµúŸ-laŠÑùܧ•Èjé¯W¤HŽ:“}^òè·k+·|ÏkA*£Ïk¯#Ll¸Âø”…"ÞCZrs…ÊòpØü¶Üá >¤z“#è§M ›•° ¬ÖM8Y4G_Î-ïçUp²è®Ñ¼ÊŽ½:Os¸p´{]Š3EŽÈdƒ8¤¸²1äd²kyÞÌ9Ù$ï|è --3e799bb1569cc-- HTTP/1.0 200 OK Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive Connection: Keep-Alive Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:45:47 GMT Server: Apache X-Powered-By: PHP/4.2.3 Content-Length: 36131 Content-Type: text/html To me it looks suspiciously like computer jibberish.

ahh i see everyone is starting to list the very few flaws well i got a big one... I miss the older Over 30 Replies icon it was so cool, it was on fire but what happened to it?

1. What caused the old forum to disappear?

The old forum was likely taken down due to outdated software or lack of maintenance. It is also possible that it was shut down due to low activity or security concerns.

2. Can the old forum be retrieved or restored?

It depends on the specific circumstances of the old forum's disappearance. If it was simply taken down due to outdated software or maintenance issues, it may be possible to retrieve it with the help of a web developer. However, if it was shut down permanently, it is unlikely that it can be restored.

3. Will there be a new forum to replace the old one?

This decision would depend on the owner or administrator of the old forum. If they decide to create a new forum, it is possible that they will announce it to users. However, if the old forum was shut down permanently, there may not be a new forum.

4. What will happen to the content and discussions from the old forum?

If the old forum is able to be retrieved or restored, the content and discussions may still be accessible. However, if it was shut down permanently, the content and discussions would no longer be available.

5. How can I find or connect with other members from the old forum?

If the old forum was shut down permanently, it may be difficult to find or connect with other members. However, you may be able to find them through other online communities or social media platforms. It is also possible that the owner or administrator of the old forum may have a list of members that they can share with you.