Is the Dream State Our Afterlife?

• Thread starter himanshu121
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Death
In summary, according to this article, after death, your energy field (soul, spirit, energy, etc.) will continue to exist in some form. The article does not provide any information on what happens to the neurons and DNA codes of the dead.

Originally posted by Messiah
No - it was DEFINITELY you. Remember . . . we were all silicon based beings swimming in an atmosphere of methane and hydrogen - It used to bleach our claws purple . . .
Hold on you survived!? How?? Why?? And you are definitely color-blind, it bleached our claws a pale shade of black. And here I was thinking that you were dead. Ok, so give me your address and I'll hunt you down:wink:. Don't worry I can wait all day; I still have to polish the guns...

Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by Odin
Hold on you survived!? How?? Why?? And you are definitely color-blind, it bleached our claws a pale shade of black. And here I was thinking that you were dead. Ok, so give me your address and I'll hunt you down:wink:. Don't worry I can wait all day; I still have to polish the guns...

I was dead - I've been dead 12.6^38 times since then - and it gets to be more fun each time.

I'm now on the third planet from sol - close to the equator. Look me up and we'll have an old fashioned duel - like in the old days with the coglac's before their three suns blew apart. It's hard to find pargon chips on this ball of dirt, though.

Originally posted by Messiah
I was dead - I've been dead 12.6^38 times since then - and it gets to be more fun each time.

I'm now on the third planet from sol - close to the equator. Look me up and we'll have an old fashioned duel - like in the old days with the coglac's before their three suns blew apart. It's hard to find pargon chips on this ball of dirt, though.
tell me about it I've been blown up about 500 times so far and half of them I've survived. they're real fun! A duel sounds great hows about three weapons of users choise each. first to kill the other 300 times wins. ok?

olde drunk said:
well we can't "prove" anything after death, scientically.

distilling all the material that i have read the best explanation i can offer is that you will initially experience what you expected.

e.g. if you were a devout christian, loved your mother, and believed in heaven; you would be met by your mother and led thru the experience. i suspect that the terrorists that expected virgins were met by virgins and led into something other than a sexual experience.

these personalities would arrive after the 'whitelight' thingy. i sat with my mother as she passed. she went out having a conversation with her mother during the last 10-15 minutes. that was 37 years ago and really made and impression.

i have put in a conscious request to be met by Elvis but i do not think we are psychically connected.

peace,

I think you are very probably right, i think the inital experience when you die is a culturally biased limbo state that eases you into the final stage of death. Some would say that beyond this bardo state there is nothing atall although others have claimed to have gone pasted this threashold and experienced a reality beyond words.

Deeviant said:
Why does taking a very physical drug effect your consciousness if physical matter had nothing to do with your consciousness.

Perhaps the brain is used as an interface by consciousness.

-Ray.

Why worry about death.Its going to happen no matter what,born to die.So live your life the way you see fit ,if we get judged by anyone it will be you as the judge.Live your life,you can't lie to yourself but you can judge yourself

not something to dwell on...

obviously no such thing as physical death, simply matter in constant cycle of transfer.

question of consciousness living on?

what you believe (linked to knowledge) will happen.

peace :wink:

Ah; so this is where the magus hangs out. Greetings all. Death...soon enough. When I was a bit younger than my almost seventy summers, I read an article regarding the new electron microscope, and its ability to enlarge an image as tiny as the area in our brains which produces the electrical energy required to initiate the dream state. It appeared to be similar to an underground cable leading to a pillbox atop a hill in a surreal landscape. I thought, at the time, that if a physical body decomposed to its molecular level of immateriality, could not the initiated dream state continue to function at this level, keeping the conscious essence of an individual's mind vibrant, and producing a dream reality, based on the cumulative experience of the individual, alive? Who knows, but the Shadow, of what lurks in the minds of men...I'll let you know [or not], eventually. With respect, and in friendship.
harveyf