What happens if Sox win tonight?

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date
Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
IF the Red Sox win tonight, will Hell freeze?

I'm pretty sure that the jar of green water that I have had on display in my classroom for three years will spontaneously separate into clear water and a drop of food coloring. So, aside from a violation of the 2nd Law, what else might happen?

Answers and Replies

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Chi Meson said:
What happens if Sox win tonight?
I'll bet your signature changes, again ! :biggrin:

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
There's no need to worry about the end of the world, though. That will only come when the Sox meet the Cubs in the World Series.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Chi Meson said:
IF the Red Sox win tonight, will Hell freeze?
Holy cow! That means Jessica from my 9th grade English class will finally go out on a date with me!

Let's see, 9th grade was like 30 years ago. I can just see another one of those Marie Callendar situations - she didn't look anything like the picture on her TV dinners.

The Sox are going to win, as much as I hate to say that. Which means there won't be any curse this year...

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
There is a curse.

It's in hockey now. :(

BobG said:
Holy cow! That means Jessica from my 9th grade English class will finally go out on a date with me!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Best reply yet.

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
What is the "Red Sox"??
Something worth to know about?

arildno said:
What is the "Red Sox"??
A baseball team that hasn't won a World Series (championship games) in something like 80 years.

EDIT: To answer your other question, no it isn't really worth knowing about. :tongue2:

Last edited:
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Ok then:
Are you thrilled that Oslo's soccer team "Vålerenga" stands a real chance of smashing the hegemony "Rosenborg" has had for the last 20 years in the premier national league?

I am, at least sort of..

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
After the Red Sox's win tonight...

...you invest in Beer Companies.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
arildno said:
What is the "Red Sox"??
Oh, yes. My apologies to those who are not north or south american, or Japanese, or otherwise following Baseball. I usually don't, but I am a New Englander, and I have rooted for the Sox for 35 years only to be disappointed repeatedly.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
arildno said:
Ok then:
Are you thrilled that Oslo's soccer team "Vålerenga" stands a real chance of smashing the hegemony "Rosenborg" has had for the last 20 years in the premier national league?

I am, at least sort of..
Yes, that's what I'm talking about! GO Valerenga!

PS: it's been 85 years for Boston!

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I feel for you having been disappointed for 85 years on end. That is really sad..

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
And there's the whole story of the Babe Ruth trade and the ill-luck that followed ....

*sigh* I hope they both lose...

Phobos
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Chi Meson said:
what else might happen?
hopefully no more rioting :grumpy:

JasonRox said:
There is a curse.

It's in hockey now. :(
There is no curse in hockey. Just a bunch of greedy players that have a less product than the NBA, MLB and NFL (failing to compete).

The real curse in Major League Baseball is in the Montreal Expos. Think about it - no other team has gone through more crap than them.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dagenais said:
The real curse in Major League Baseball is in the Montreal Expos. Think about it - no other team has gone through more crap than them.
Location, location, location, location, location, location, location, location, location, location, location..............................................................

Red Sox suck still suck even if they win. They suck so bad that Babe Ruth had to make a deal with whoever your god is or isnt because he's been blamed. He pleads to let them win once because he is suffering so bad from the blame.

Next season baseball will be baseball again.

i win 300$ on a bet, thats whats going to happen

IMO they won because of the lunar eclipse.
Enjoy being winners now Soxers 'cause the next luner eclipse during the world series won't be till at least 2050.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
My favorite joke on the subject (although Flippy does make an astute, and well defended argument) used to be:

What is the difference between the hot dogs at Yankee Stadium, and the hot dogs in Fenway park?

Answer: you can't get a Fenway hot dog in October.

It's over. I can get back to normal.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Chi Meson said:
yay.
Uhhh ? :uhh: Is that all you're gonna give us ? Maybe it hasn't sunk in yet....the Sox actually won, Chi. They did it .... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !!! Woooohoooooo !!! :biggrin:

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
TO be honest, I was more excited at the beating of the Yankees. That was fun! These last four games were a bit of a denouement.

Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up and relize that I'm not in shock anymore.