Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What happens to forum-accounts that are not activated?

1. Jul 25, 2011 #1
    I recently registered an eBay account. That is, I did it half way. When filling in all the info I mistakeably wrote my password where my user ID should be (don't ask). I didn't notice this until I got the activation e-mail. Naturally I didn't activate my account. What I wonder now is how long it will take before they delete my "account-that-is-not-yet-an-account" so I can try again, with correct info this time ;) It's been about four days now...

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It'll probably hang there until the turn of century, sorry to say. Maybe contact their customer service and see if anyone answers.

4. Jul 26, 2011 #3

S_Happens

Gold Member

Why don't you try contacting them. If they haven't already deleted your account (if they ever will, or if it is actually in need of deletion) by the time you get a response, I'm sure they can either help you to do whatever it is you want, or tell you what alternatives are available.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook