What happens to forum-accounts that are not activated?

• Thread starter TSN79
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker recently registered an eBay account but made a mistake by entering their password instead of their user ID. They didn't activate the account and are wondering how long it will take for it to be deleted so they can start over with correct information. It's been four days and the speaker is unsure if the account will be deleted. They suggest contacting customer service for assistance.
TSN79
I recently registered an eBay account. That is, I did it half way. When filling in all the info I mistakeably wrote my password where my user ID should be (don't ask). I didn't notice this until I got the activation e-mail. Naturally I didn't activate my account. What I wonder now is how long it will take before they delete my "account-that-is-not-yet-an-account" so I can try again, with correct info this time ;) It's been about four days now...

Physics news on Phys.org
TSN79 said:
I recently registered an eBay account. That is, I did it half way. When filling in all the info I mistakeably wrote my password where my user ID should be (don't ask). I didn't notice this until I got the activation e-mail. Naturally I didn't activate my account. What I wonder now is how long it will take before they delete my "account-that-is-not-yet-an-account" so I can try again, with correct info this time ;) It's been about four days now...
It'll probably hang there until the turn of century, sorry to say. Maybe contact their customer service and see if anyone answers.

Why don't you try contacting them. If they haven't already deleted your account (if they ever will, or if it is actually in need of deletion) by the time you get a response, I'm sure they can either help you to do whatever it is you want, or tell you what alternatives are available.

1. What is the reason for forum-accounts not being activated?

There could be multiple reasons for forum-accounts not being activated. Some common reasons include users forgetting to verify their email address, technical issues with the activation process, or the account being flagged for suspicious activity.

2. Will my account be deleted if it is not activated?

In most cases, forum-accounts that are not activated within a certain time frame will be automatically deleted. However, some forums may have different policies, so it is important to check the terms and conditions of the forum in question.

3. Can I still use my forum-account even if it is not activated?

No, you will not be able to use your forum-account until it is activated. The activation process is necessary to verify the user's identity and to ensure the security of the forum.

4. How long do I have to activate my forum-account?

The time frame for activating a forum-account varies depending on the forum. Some forums may require immediate activation, while others may give users a few days or weeks to verify their accounts. It is best to check the forum's policies for specific information.

5. Can I reactivate a previously deleted forum-account?

In most cases, once a forum-account is deleted, it cannot be reactivated. However, if the forum allows for account recovery, users may be able to retrieve their accounts by following the necessary steps.