What has been the most important lesson(s) you have learned in your life?

• Thread starter sebas531
  • Start date
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Don't take advice from people on the internet

It's best not to be your own judge, because you will forever be biased one way or another.

Sometimes it may seem a tad bit awkward or embarassing to step out and try to entertain others, but as long as you answer the feeling to do so (rather than sit there thinking if others will view you badly if you do so), much more happiness will come out of it than you expected; for yourself and others.

We are here to entertain each other, not to work with each other toward some end. This is why we live, and what we live for. There is no end, since we live for each other, not for our work. The work we do (the goals and tasks we accomplish) are just the "wake", or "remnants" of our true aforementioned purpose.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Half of these quotes have been rediculous

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Astronuc said:
Or keep one pantyhose in the glove compartment, just in case. :biggrin:
....pepper for a leaky radiator, STP for white smoke, and sawdust [or Gas-X] for a noisy rear end.

In that light, the ideal tool kit:
pliers
bailing wire
epoxy
add JB Weld for hard-core types

I can fix anything with fast drying epoxy. :biggrin:

Well said

Galileo said:
To not let events that are outside of your range of influence affect you negatively.
To take responsibility for your own happiness. To not let your happiness depend on outside events or other people. To realize that you are able to handle anything life throws at you and that you are in ultimate control of how you let things affect you emotionally and how you act in any given situation.
I try to instill this in my kids every chance I get, hopefully they will internalize these principles to a greater degree than I did!

Howard

GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Recently been considering...live hard, die early:smile:

Mess with the best and die like the rest.

1) to never ride a motorcycle on a rainy day.......

2) Never tease a dog when it is having its meal.....

3) Never put your finger in the electrical wall socket esp...when the switch is on.......:rofl: :rofl:

jake