1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What I call the

1. Nov 28, 2009 #1
    "Ah-Ha experience." I've been struggling with intro physics for several weeks now, because it's been 19years since i've even looked at Physics. What I do find however, is that i'm starting to catch on quicker and i find myself having these "ah ha experiences" when it comes to conceptualizing things that i could not previously imagine. It seems as though things are getting somewhat easier for me on some small level. Hard to explain, I guess what I am wondering is ...do any of you out there know what I mean by this "ah ha experience?"
    Is practice and repetition, repeated exposure to the same types of problems etc the key to understanding physics intro, and/or physics in general?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2009 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I completely understand it! It used to happen to me from time to time...what a great feeling, that you're making forward progress.

And yes, it's all about practice, practice, practice. The more you solve problems, the more the concepts embed themselves in your brain...and at some point, you will become one with the collective :wink:.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook