Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What if humans were artificial life forms (heh, and aliens for sure)?

1. Aug 13, 2004 #1
    The question speaks for itself, pretty much. The term artificial could be defined as: Constructed, as in a fine plate of spaghetti.

Humans, well we all know what they are. Aliens, same deal.

Life, that which...which, nevermind.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2004 #2
    what if you don't really exist? you're just a computer image created to pacify me while i generate body heat that machines use as power . . . :O

4. Aug 13, 2004 #3
    That's kinda where I was going with that.

Ah, and like a speaker can be used as a microphone, what if all CRT screens actually capture a video feed of the rooms they're in, and send a weak encoded signal all the way back to the power/monitoring facility. Who would ever know?

The Matrix...is everywhere.

5. Aug 13, 2004 #4
    the drugs, they're good aren't they?

6. Aug 13, 2004 #5

Janitor

Science Advisor

I ............ hear .............. and ............... I ............... o- ............... -bey.

7. Aug 13, 2004 #6
    They're not THAT good, Joe. But you just keep taking them, if they make you believe you exist.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?