What if we get the answer before anyone.

• Thread starter Sumedh
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses what to do if a problem is solved by the original poster before anyone else has a chance to respond. The suggested solution is for the poster to make an update or edit the original post to indicate that the problem has been solved. The conversation also mentions the involvement of a priest, philosopher, and politician in problem-solving, but ultimately emphasizes the importance of solving the problem oneself.
Sumedh
If I started a new thread (having a problem)
And it gets solved by myself , before anyone posts in it,
So what should be done at this time?

Should i post that the problem or difficulty is solved?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sumedh said:
If I started a new thread (having a problem)
And it gets solved by myself , before anyone posts in it,
So what should be done at this time?

Should i post that the problem or difficulty is solved?

Yes, post that you have solved it. Even better: edit the OP and put at the top that you have solved it. That way people will see this and won't waste their time :smile:

First consult a priest, then a philosopher, and finally a politician to insure you have actually solved the problem.

wuliheron said:
First consult a priest, then a philosopher, and finally a politician to insure you have actually solved the problem.

The first will tell you it's impossible, as only God can truly solve problems. The second will tell you the problem is solved as soon as you change your view of the world. The third will assure you they've either already solved the problem so you should vote for them, they will soon solve the problem so you should vote for them, and that the problem was solved by their opponent so please don't vote for the other guy.

In reality, you will always have the problem until you solve it yourself.

Or just leave it as it is?

As a scientist, it is important to document and share our findings and solutions, even if we have solved a problem before anyone else has had the chance to respond. This allows for transparency and helps others who may encounter a similar issue in the future. Therefore, I would recommend posting an update stating that the problem has been solved and sharing the steps or methods used to reach the solution. This not only helps others, but it also showcases your problem-solving skills and can contribute to the scientific community's collective knowledge. Leaving the thread without an update may leave others wondering about the outcome and potentially hinder their own progress in finding a solution. So, it is best to share your success and contribute to the advancement of science.

What if we get the answer before anyone.

This is a commonly asked question in the scientific community and there are a few different ways to answer it. Here are five possible scenarios:

1. Will we be able to verify the answer?

The first step in any scientific discovery is to verify and replicate the results. If you are the first to get the answer, it is important to share your methods and data with other scientists so they can verify your findings.

2. How will this impact the scientific community?

If you are the first to get the answer, it could have a significant impact on the scientific community. It could lead to new theories, technologies, or applications. It is important to share your findings and collaborate with other scientists to fully understand the implications of your discovery.

3. Will we receive recognition for our discovery?

If you are the first to get the answer, you may be eligible for recognition, such as publications, awards, or grants. However, it is important to remember that science is a collaborative effort and it is important to acknowledge the contributions of others who may have helped you along the way.

4. How will this affect our understanding of the topic?

If you get the answer before anyone else, it could potentially change our understanding of the topic. It is important to continue researching and gathering evidence to support your findings and to collaborate with other scientists to ensure the accuracy of your conclusions.

5. What are the ethical considerations of being the first to get the answer?

Being the first to get the answer comes with ethical considerations. It is important to be transparent and share your findings with the scientific community. It is also important to consider the potential impact of your discovery and to use it for the betterment of society.