Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Inspired You

1. Apr 8, 2005 #1
    To Join this Forum?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2005 #2
    too much time...

4. Apr 8, 2005 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A blue beam of light.

5. Apr 8, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, really it was the quality of the members and the level of discussion found here. I looked at a lot of sites before landing at PF.

6. Apr 8, 2005 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The intelligence, humor, and friendliness of the members.

And the free fish. :tongue2:

7. Apr 8, 2005 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

...and the fish.

8. Apr 8, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Divine inspiration....wait, no, I was following this trail of breadcrumbs...nope, not it either...oh, right, there was a link somewhere to a post here...well, not exactly here, but over there, in one of the other forums...the rest, as they say, is history. :biggrin:

9. Apr 8, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Some crazy Brit found me wandering around in PF following a Google and aimed me down here. Once I met Evo and Moonbear and SOS and MIH and Hypatia, I couldn't leave. (Oh, there are a couple of guys around here that I get along with pretty well too.) :biggrin:

10. Apr 8, 2005 #9
    What can I say?

I'm a nerd.

11. Apr 8, 2005 #10
    Ha, ^ Franz.

I've been a guest for a while, and decided to join because it's the only forum with humor and intelligence :0.

and MoonBear, what an Orignal name, Nice.

12. Apr 8, 2005 #11
    General intelligence level of the discussion, the fact that the discussions are lively and the forums are always populated, the ability to learn new things and more perspectives on old objects and, of course, boredom. :rofl:

13. Apr 8, 2005 #12

Always populated my arse. Any idea how often i'm in here at 4 in the morning, talking to myself?

14. Apr 8, 2005 #13
    An especially difficult physics homework paper. What can I say? I got addicted.

15. Apr 8, 2005 #14
    It was 3 years ago, there was some odd conjunction of planets. I did a search for information and it led me here..or should I say there{it was the first forum}.
    In my life my friends are of all ages, much like here. It keeps things interesting.

16. Apr 8, 2005 #15
    I was originally majoring in physics 1-2 years ago, so I joined. I have no clue how I found the forums: I probably just searched physics forums and came up with it.

17. Apr 8, 2005 #16

Evo

Welcome to PF Zygotic Embryo!!

Sorry, I'm slow. :redface:

18. Apr 8, 2005 #17

SOS2008

Gold Member

I can't remember now... Nah, it hasn't been so many posts ago - Why I remember it just like it was yesterday.

I was frolicking on the Internet and saw an interesting topic, and clicked on it, and lo and behold, I went through a tunnel toward this bright light--intelligent posts from all the world, funny posts from the most demented, and...of course...fish! Fish!?

Yes, welcome to PF Zygotic Embryo!!

19. Apr 8, 2005 #18

Evo

89% of new members polled said they joined for the fish.

That was the brain child of The Bob. :approve:

20. Apr 8, 2005 #19

You've been smoking the fish again haven't you. Well that explains the smell :yuck:

21. Apr 8, 2005 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's because she's been waiting for Danger with baited breath. Now if I could just remember where she said that so I could link to it...:rolleyes:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?