1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is a good physics book I can buy (handheld things I can take to lecture etc.)

1. Feb 6, 2007 #1
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a book that's relative to College Physics, specifically kinematics, dynamics, newton's laws etc. Something that is small and I can read in and out of lecture, basically something portable.
    My textbook is okay but it would be nice if I can read a handheld book about certain subjects. Of course, this will not be a replacement for my textbook,

any suggestions on what I should look for?

thanks in advanced

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2007 #2
    Resnick & Halliday editions from the 60s were more compact. It's 1324 pages, though. Might not be too bad if you get it as separate volumes, though.

Also, Newtonian Mechanics and Vibrations and Waves by French. And the Kleppner & Kolenkow book that everyone seems to like is not too large a format.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?