What is a happy Family ?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the key factors to ensure a family is happy include starting with happy individuals who see the glass as half full, spending quality time together, showing respect for one another, and cherishing each other's differences. Other important factors may include having a strong and loving foundation, being aware of individual needs and feelings, and finding happiness within oneself before trying to make others happy. It is also possible for a family to find happiness through being close and involved with each other, but there is no one formula that works for everyone. Additionally, in some cultures, there is a strong emphasis on caring for and respecting family members, which can lead to greater happiness within the family unit.
Saint
What are the key factors to ensure a family is happy?

money?
health?

What else ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Lots of testrimony that money isn't necessary. "We were poor but we didn't know it".

I think health problems are a stress on any family. You may want to be all good and kind and giving to the sick one, but it wears. But even here I know of cases where the people were happy.

I think the basic requirement is to start with happy type people. People who see the glass as half full, and who are strong enough to smile in adversity and rejoice in good times. I don't know if a happy couple can pass it down to their kids. Never any guarantees on the personalities of kids. But I've seen some good results (long term - everybody has an awkward age) among my friends.

My own family has not been so much happy as solid, loving, and strong.

I’m not an expert. There are many factors to be considered but these are things most people ignored.
Guys - spend time with your wives and kids. Ladies - try to cherish your husbands. Get yourselves a pet or two in the family. Always try to understand and appreciate the differences.

I think there are many factors in a happy family, and that there isn't necessarily a fullproof formula. What works for one family might not work for another. It really depends on individual members of the family and how they interact.

One key factor is interaction. If a family spends a certain amount of "family time" together, weather it be around the dinner table, or an afternoon outting occasionally, Then they will be more involved in each other's lives and aware of what's going on with each other. Another key factor is respect. If the family members respect each other, then there is cohesion, and this brings about a sense of closeness and more interaction. Those are jut a couple of major factors involved I think.

039_38727.jpg

^^LOL

Well, I figured out a few years ago, that in order to make anyone else happy, you must first be happy yourself.

And I think a lot of people fool themselves into thinking there happy, and later in life find out differently. Then things fall apart.

My family wasn't happy until it was split. I love my mom, and uhh, I pretty much forgot about that other fool.

LOVE LOVE LOVE, all you need is LOVE.

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/yingbiaoling/lhsister.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cute kids:D I'm assuming this is your family? :smile: So are you offering your family up as an example:wink:Ok so which one is you?
I'm just waiting for the "disfunctional family" post so I can show off my family

Althought I'm all for progression, in one aspect I believe america could take a lesson from much of the rest of the world, and that is family. I've found that other cultures still have a great respect for family, and respect to their elders, and other such things. Whereas other cultures believe in caring for their family relatives, and see it as a duty, or part of life, americans don't do that. A great deal of young adults in america will finish school, find a job and move away from home. Some do care for their elderly parents, but it's the exception nowadays rather than the rule.

Last edited:
I am the one who held an "angpow" with my new born baby. Besides me is my sister with her kids.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Saint
I am the one who held an "angpow" with my new born baby. Besides me is my sister with his kids.

Congratulations on the new baby:smile:

What is a happy family?

A happy family is a group of people who have strong positive relationships, open communication, and a sense of love and support for one another. They are able to work through conflicts and support each other through both happy and difficult times.

What are the key components of a happy family?

The key components of a happy family include love, communication, trust, respect, and support. Each family member plays a role in creating a positive and healthy environment for all members.

How do you build a happy family?

To build a happy family, it is important to prioritize spending quality time together, communicating openly and honestly, showing appreciation and love for one another, and working through conflicts in a healthy and respectful way. It also involves creating a sense of belonging and support for each family member.

Can a family be happy without any problems?

No family is perfect and it is normal to face challenges and conflicts in any family. However, a happy family is able to work through these problems together in a positive and healthy manner, and not let them affect the overall happiness and love within the family.

What are the benefits of a happy family?

A happy family has many benefits, including improved mental and emotional well-being for all members, stronger relationships and bonds, better communication skills, and a sense of security and support. A happy family also sets a positive example for children and can contribute to their overall happiness and success in life.