Basically, it's the sharing of electrons in a lattice of metallic cations.
This type of bonding makes metals better conductors because these free electrons are mobile (not attached to a particular ion). If electrons from an outside source enter a metal free electrons will be able to move along the metal.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving