What Is a Physicist? - Learn About the Profession

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicist
In summary, a physicist is a crazy guy who spends all day concerned with impossible theories, equations and concepts. They can also be a lunatic sciencist who spends all day concerned with impossible theories, equations and concepts. They are also guys who, got bored of such businesses, spend the rest of the day writting here.
marlon
What Is A Physicist ?

https://www.physicsforums.com/journal.php?s=&journalid=13790&action=view [Broken]

Goto the above URL and you shall find various references to sites that will present the socalled PHYSICIST to you. What does he do ? What does he earn ? Comparisons of physicists in different countries...

really interesting if i may say so myself...

regards
marlon

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
marlon said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/journal.php?s=&journalid=13790&action=view [Broken]

What does he do ? What does he earn ?

Why is he not a she? :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
For the same reason physics textbooks assume their readers are male?

Laura1013 said:
Yes, that too is addressed in the link. :wink: (no offense meant)

Laura1013 said:

Sorry, should have thought about that...sorry...i will edit it...

marlon

I can answer this question easily. A physicits is a :

i) a crazy guy (like Marlon)

ii) a lunatic sciencist who spends all day concerned with impossible theories, equations and concepts (like Marlon).

iii) a guy who, got bored of such businesses, spends the rest of the day writting here (like Marlon).

iv) a savant, who has thousands of strange books in his personal library, and whom girls are afraid of being around (like Marlon). This last evidence is weaker, if the photograph you shown some time ago was true (she was very pretty).

v) but after all, a kind guy and a good boy (like Marlon).

:wink:

Clausius2 said:
I can answer this question easily. A physicits is a :

i) a crazy guy (like Marlon)

GUILTY

ii) a lunatic sciencist who spends all day concerned with impossible theories, equations and concepts (like Marlon).

GUILTY

iii) a guy who, got bored of such businesses, spends the rest of the day writting here (like Marlon).

SEMI-GUILTY, I AM ALSO INTO COOKING NOW. Besides, i am waiting to start my phd in nanotechnology...

girls are afraid of being around (like Marlon). This last evidence is weaker, if the photograph you shown some time ago was true (she was very pretty).

Yes, she is still the light of my life...the reason i exist and the incarnation of devine beauty on this earth

v) but after all, a kind guy and a good boy (like Marlon).

:wink:

Thanks man, why don't you have a "most diplomatic member"-medal under your name... :wink:

regards
marlon

1. What exactly is a physicist?

A physicist is a scientist who studies the laws and principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy in the universe. They use mathematical models and experiments to understand and explain the physical world around us.

2. What is the difference between a physicist and other scientists?

A physicist differs from other scientists in that they specifically focus on studying the fundamental laws of nature, such as gravity, electromagnetism, and thermodynamics. Other scientists, such as chemists or biologists, may study these laws in relation to specific fields of study, but physicists seek to understand these laws on a more fundamental level.

3. What are some common areas of specialization for physicists?

Physicists can specialize in a wide range of subfields, including but not limited to astrophysics, particle physics, condensed matter physics, and quantum mechanics. Each subfield focuses on different aspects of the physical world, from the behavior of matter at the atomic level to the study of the universe on a grand scale.

4. What are some common tools and techniques used by physicists?

Physicists use a variety of tools and techniques to study the physical world, including mathematical models, computer simulations, laboratory experiments, and advanced equipment such as particle accelerators and telescopes. They also rely on critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyze data and draw conclusions.

5. What career opportunities are available for physicists?

Physicists have a wide range of career opportunities available to them, both in academia and in various industries. They can work as researchers, professors, or consultants, and may specialize in areas such as engineering, medicine, energy, or technology. They may also pursue careers in fields such as finance, data science, or science communication.