1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is an appropriate minor for an Aerospace Engineer?

1. Jul 27, 2009 #1
    I'm just starting my sophomore year as an undergrad and am thinking about my major. I'm planning on getting a doctorate in Aerospace Engineering and was wondering which minor would be most useful/appropriate. For my actual job, I plan on doing research and development for some Astronautical company.

For minors, I was thinking about these: Mathematics, Physics, Astronomy, Computer Science, Computer Engineering.

These are the ones I was thinking of which means I don't know of all the possibilities. If you have a suggestion please do tell.

My favorite is Math. I love math with a passion and am always dying to know more. From what I hear, math is more important for physics majors than engineers. I am of course talking about the HIGHER math classes. I think Math would be useful for completely understanding the world of Physics so I can possibly apply it to research. Of course I can also minor in Physics and get the required math for that. Still, I don't know which is more useful.

PS: What's the program called where different university accept students from other colleges for research opportunities. I think it's on a government site but I'm not sure. I'm planning on doing one of those in the summer.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted