Fix ccApp Interference & Shut Down Laptop

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, ccApp is a program associated with Norton AntiVirus that handles "Auto-Protect" functions. Some users have had issues with it interfering with shutting down their laptops. While some users recommend using additional antivirus software like AdAware and Spybot, others have found success with alternative free options like Avast!.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
What is 'ccApp'? It often interferes with me shutting down my laptop because it won't respond.

Computer science news on Phys.org
ccApp is a program with Norton AntiVirus. I believe it's the part that does "Auto-Protect".

Theng kew.

DaveC426913 said:
What is 'ccApp'? It often interferes with me shutting down my laptop because it won't respond.

I have the same problem with my lappy...

Yeah, I have Norton but I'm not a great fan of it. It gets buggy and it misses a lot of viruses. I had a major worm on my computer and I used a free antivirus called Avast! and it took it right off. Use AdAware and Spybot with Norton, it's just not dependable.

1. What is ccApp and what does it do?

ccApp is a process related to Symantec's Norton AntiVirus software. It is responsible for managing program updates, email scanning, and other security features.

2. Why is ccApp causing interference and shutting down my laptop?

ccApp can sometimes cause conflicts with other programs, especially if there are multiple security programs running on your laptop. It may also be caused by corrupt or outdated program files.

3. How do I fix ccApp interference?

The first step is to ensure that you have the latest updates for your Norton AntiVirus software. If the issue persists, try disabling other security programs or performing a clean reinstall of Norton AntiVirus.

4. Will disabling ccApp affect my laptop's security?

No, disabling ccApp will not affect your laptop's security as long as you have other security programs running. However, it is recommended to have only one active security program at a time for optimal performance.

5. How can I prevent ccApp from shutting down my laptop in the future?

To prevent ccApp from causing interference and shutting down your laptop, make sure to regularly update your Norton AntiVirus software and avoid running multiple security programs at the same time. If the issue persists, you may need to contact Norton customer support for further assistance.