What is color-suppressed ?

1. Can someone explain to me what is a Feyman diagram color-suppressed at the tree-level?

It's my first post, sorry if I'm too needy, I will try to improve.

Thank you for the answers.

2. jcsd
  3. Bill_K

Bill_K 4,160
    Science Advisor

Miralansa, Welcome to PF!

It always helps to start out by giving a reference. Where did you hear the term color suppression? Did they try to explain what it meant? Did they give an example?

How about Googling "color suppressed" and looking up the first few hits.

4. This is a color-favored Feynman diagram.

I think I need to do the Clebsch–Gordan of SU(3) for initial and final state to understand this, because they are in a given representation to be bound states. I'm not sure of this.

Thank you for the reply.

Attached Files:

5. Bill_K

Bill_K 4,160
    Science Advisor

I still don't understand exactly what your question is, or how much you have already researched it. :confused:

Page 4 of this PDF gives a very simple explanation of what color-suppressed means. The quick answer is that the suppression factor is 32, but this turns out to be pretty far off. The long answer is that the factor depends on a more detailed modeling of QCD interactions.

6. For posterities,

a good summary of B physics, that explains ideas, without a lot of calculations is this:
    http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0111177

With it you can check if you have understood, without reading 3 or 4 books.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook