What is Color-Suppressed Feynman Diagram at Tree-Level?

• Thread starter Miralansa
  • Start date
In summary: This is a great summary, but I don't think it covers everything. For example, how do you calculate the color suppressed factor in exchange diagrams?
Miralansa
Can someone explain to me what is a Feyman diagram color-suppressed at the tree-level?

It's my first post, sorry if I'm too needy, I will try to improve.

Thank you for the answers.

Physics news on Phys.org
Miralansa, Welcome to PF!

It always helps to start out by giving a reference. Where did you hear the term color suppression? Did they try to explain what it meant? Did they give an example?

How about Googling "color suppressed" and looking up the first few hits.

This is a color-favored Feynman diagram.

I think I need to do the Clebsch–Gordan of SU(3) for initial and final state to understand this, because they are in a given representation to be bound states. I'm not sure of this.

Thank you for the reply.

Attachments

• fig1b.png
    fig1b.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 511
I still don't understand exactly what your question is, or how much you have already researched it. :confused:

Page 4 of http://iktp.tu-dresden.de/IKTP/Seminare/IS2008/prudent.pdf gives a very simple explanation of what color-suppressed means. The quick answer is that the suppression factor is 32, but this turns out to be pretty far off. The long answer is that the factor depends on a more detailed modeling of QCD interactions.

For posterities,

a good summary of B physics, that explains ideas, without a lot of calculations is this:
http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0111177

With it you can check if you have understood, without reading 3 or 4 books.

What is color-suppressed?

Color-suppression is a phenomenon in which a color appears less vivid or vibrant due to the presence of another color. This is because the second color partially absorbs or cancels out the first color, resulting in a less intense appearance.

What causes color-suppression?

Color-suppression is caused by the interactions between different wavelengths of light. When two colors are combined, some wavelengths are absorbed while others are reflected, resulting in a change in the perceived color.

How is color-suppression different from color-blindness?

Color-suppression and color-blindness are two distinct phenomena. Color-blindness is a genetic condition in which an individual has difficulty distinguishing between certain colors, while color-suppression is a temporary or situational occurrence in which colors appear less intense due to external factors.

What are some examples of color-suppression?

One common example of color-suppression is when wearing tinted glasses or lenses. The tinted color can suppress the appearance of other colors in the environment. Another example is when mixing paint colors - certain combinations can result in a less intense or "muted" color due to color-suppression.

How is color-suppression relevant to everyday life?

Understanding color-suppression can be useful in various fields such as art, design, and even marketing. Knowing which colors can suppress or enhance others can help in creating visually appealing compositions. It can also be helpful in choosing color schemes for products or advertisements to evoke certain emotions or convey specific messages.