Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is Complementary Logic?

1. Jan 20, 2004 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2004 #2

matt grime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The first thing that springs to mind is what does the diagram on page 1 mean?

Actually that's the third thing, the first is 'oh no' the second is that the title needs a better choice of words. Please explain this visualization of yours of logic. I might even be tempted to go so far as to suggest no one else thinks of things like that, but as yo don't explain what is going on that would be a little rash.
  4. Jan 20, 2004 #3
    Can CL Describe Motion of Time?

If the "methodology" of Complementary Logic can describe two directions of time's flow then I will learn to incorporate it into my research on the origin of matter. Somebody somewhere sometime has to convince me that it is a possibility. Thanks

5. Jan 20, 2004 #4
    Hi Antonio Lao,

First, BL and ZL are private cases in CL.

But CL has the built-in ability to deal with non-linearity, by connecting in a coherent way concepts like symmetry-degree that related to information’s clarity-degree.

Please look at: http://www.geocities.com/complementarytheory/ET.pdf
    where I construct the natural number by complementary associations between its integral side (its sum) and its differential side (some finite collection of 1’s).

Through this attitude addition and multiplication are complementary operations.

For general overview of my ideas please look at:

Thank you.

6. Jan 20, 2004 #5
  7. Jan 20, 2004 #6

matt grime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Oh look, more unexplained pictures, fantastic.
  8. Jan 20, 2004 #7
    Escher's Logic?

Thanks for your replies and the PDF files on CL.

You got me interested to do further study on CL.

I am starting with one question and more later.

There seems to be symmetry embedded in most of Escher's images.
    In three dimensions, some of these images do not make any sense.
    But in one-dimension, they make sense.

My question is: Can CL be applied to explaning Escher's arts?

9. Jan 20, 2004 #8
    Maybe you mean that they make sense in 2D, isn't it?
  10. Jan 21, 2004 #9
    That's right.But if all I wanted is just the direction, then 1D is even better for visualization. 1D embedded in 2D and 3D.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?