What is Contextweb? Solving Firefox & PF Loading Issues

• Thread starter jwriter
  • Start date
In summary, multiple users have reported issues with the Physics Forums website not loading properly due to a connection problem with the banner ad service, tag.contextweb.com. This issue has been ongoing for about 24 hours and some users have experienced delays of up to 10 seconds when loading pages. The issue has been acknowledged by support and is being resolved, but some users are still experiencing delays. A potential solution for Linux users is to add the address to the /etc/hosts file.
jwriter
My PF screens stop loading and the status bar says "Connecting to tag.contextweb.com". I even got a contextweb splash screen one time.

I use Firefox with Ghostery. There was a similar issue about a year ago...

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=474557

Hope this helps.

Physics news on Phys.org
Banner ad service. Just got an email from support that they had an outage. Should be fine now.

It's not fine. It often takes me 10 seconds or so to load a page. (Not every time though). This has been going on for about 24 hours.

It hadn't recovered for me about an hour after Greg's post #2, but it has now.

It was still bad for me a couple of minutes ago. (About a 10 s wait before the page loads). It was pretty annoying when I wrote a couple of posts a couple of hours ago, when I had to wait 10 s or so for each preview.

No problems today.

jwriter said:
My PF screens stop loading and the status bar says "Connecting to tag.contextweb.com". I even got a contextweb splash screen one time.
If you happen to be using linux, you should be able to add that address into your /etc/hosts file to fix the problem permanently.

1. What is Contextweb?

Contextweb is a programmatic advertising platform that connects publishers and advertisers in real-time through its proprietary technology.

2. How does Contextweb solve Firefox & PF loading issues?

Contextweb has a feature called "PageFair Recovery", which utilizes advanced algorithms to identify and block ad blockers on Firefox and PF browsers, allowing ads to load successfully.

3. Is Contextweb effective in increasing ad revenue?

Yes, Contextweb's real-time bidding technology and targeting capabilities help to optimize ad placement and increase revenue for publishers.

4. Can Contextweb be integrated with other ad networks?

Yes, Contextweb can be easily integrated with other ad networks, providing publishers with a wider range of ad options and increasing revenue potential.

5. How does Contextweb ensure brand safety for advertisers?

Contextweb has robust brand safety measures in place, including pre-bid filtering and monitoring for fraudulent or inappropriate content, to ensure that ads are displayed in safe and relevant environments.