1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is Distillery Jobs?

1. Jan 13, 2016 #1
    Hello ;
    After some days continue see the advertisment Distillery Job Openings and Brewery Job Openings but i am confused what it mean? i know Brewery and Distillery both are alcohol but what it mean Brewery Job Openings and distillery job openings.
    Please reply me it would be great help for me
    thanxs

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

You are seeing advertisements here at PF for distillery jobs? Or are you seeing those advertisements somewhere else and you're just curious about what it means?

4. Jan 14, 2016 #3

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

A brewery makes beer and similar beverages (such as ale, porter, stout, and so on). A distillery makes beverages that are generally higher in alcohol content, such as whiskey, vodka, and so on.

Another term that you didn't ask about is winery, where they make wine (from grapes usually).

5. Jan 14, 2016 #4

phyzguy

Science Advisor

There are also a significant number of industrial distillery jobs that make ethanol for fuel.

6. Jan 15, 2016 #5
    I get the impression from your message that someone is opening up a distillery and is probably looking for people to help with the plant and also market the product. Most of the time the openings are for sales and marketing.

Marketing can be lucrative, but it can also fail spectacularly. You have to be a very sociable and perceptive person to get ahead in a field like that.

7. Jan 15, 2016 #6

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook