What Habits and Foods Promote Healthy Skin?

• Thread starter ConcealedDreamer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Skin
In summary, good foods, hygiene habits, and proper sleep can all contribute to healthy skin. Using lotion and protecting against the sun's UV rays are also important. Additionally, Vitamin A and sex may have positive effects on the skin due to the release of hormones. However, there may be some unwanted side effects, such as sweat and dandruff, to consider.
ConcealedDreamer
What kind of foods, hygene (sp) habits, etc etc are good for the skin? What can I eat? A certain time to sleep? Sleep in general? Lotion? Prevention of the sun's UV? Any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
Vitamin A?

I heard sex was good for the skin, something to do with the hormones that get released.

Andy said:
I heard sex was good for the skin, something to do with the hormones that get released.

Don't know about you, but there are only two things I release when having sex, and one of them's sweat.

ConcealedDreamer said:
What kind of foods, hygene (sp) habits, etc etc are good for the skin? What can I eat? A certain time to sleep? Sleep in general? Lotion? Prevention of the sun's UV? Any suggestions?

Vaseline, it makes a mess of the pillows though, so rub it on well before
bedtime.

brewnog said:
Don't know about you, but there are only two things I release when having sex, and one of them's sweat.
The other being a holler or whimper? :confused:

arildno said:
The other being a holler or whimper? :confused:

I'll add those to the list.

Three things...

Dandruff, then?

Andy said:

Yeah, Andy is right. That's the reason why I have such smooth skin...I am the proof of that statement. :biggrin:

1. What is the best type of moisturizer for my skin?

The best type of moisturizer for your skin depends on your skin type. For dry skin, look for moisturizers with hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid or glycerin. For oily or acne-prone skin, choose oil-free and non-comedogenic moisturizers. Those with sensitive skin should opt for fragrance-free and hypoallergenic moisturizers.

2. Is it necessary to wear sunscreen every day?

Yes, it is necessary to wear sunscreen every day to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Even on cloudy or overcast days, UV rays can still penetrate through the clouds and damage your skin. Choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and apply it every morning as the last step in your skincare routine.

3. What ingredients should I avoid in skincare products?

Some common ingredients to avoid in skincare products include parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, and phthalates. These ingredients can irritate the skin and may have potential health risks. It is always best to opt for natural and organic ingredients whenever possible.

4. Can certain foods or diet improve my skin's appearance?

Eating a balanced and nutritious diet can improve the appearance of your skin. Foods rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and healthy fats can help promote healthy skin and reduce signs of aging. Some examples include green leafy vegetables, fatty fish, berries, and nuts.

5. What role does hydration play in skin health?

Hydration is crucial for maintaining healthy skin. Drinking enough water helps keep the skin hydrated and plump, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps flush out toxins and keeps the skin looking radiant. It is recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day for optimal skin health.