Googlewhacking: Challenge Yourself & Find 1 Single Result!

• Thread starter _Mayday_
  • Start date
In summary, Googlewhacking is a game where you try to type 2 words into the Google search engine and only come up with one single, solitary result. This was harder than I thought, and I got one result within a couple of tries. However, it's not easy if you're using a word that has been abused or is in a word list.
_Mayday_
The otherday I came across Googlewhacking. The objective of the game is to type 2 words into the google search engine and only come up with one single, solitary result. I thought it would be cool to see if anyone here on PF could find one.

Here is the link to the rules...

http://www.googlewhack.com/rules.htm

The game is a lot harder than I thought, I've been trying for 20 minutes!

Get Whacking PFers!

Post what you typed in if you get one. :smile:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I got one within a couple of tries:

welcomon biddddiiiiii

But they won't accept it:

You're on a Whack Flack Track
Doh! You offered a word that some whackers abuse... or that has been whacked or stacked frequently in the past hour.

Random whacking or overused words may trigger automatic bans. Whack Google; Stack here; be original!

If you're making an innocent mistake, you deserve an apology from folks who made this necessary :-(

If you're whacking an acronym, please stick to words -- and, again, the abusers owe you an apology :-(

If you're using a very uncommon word, it may have been retired as a Uniwhack (only one Google hit).

If you're using the same word over and over... everyone is really bored with you. Really. No, really.

If you're using inappropriate or offensive language in The Whack Stack, here's your chance to grow up.

In any case, feel free to record your valid, creative whack, with respect for all the others in the room.

It's so hard!

I was searching for something the other day and came up with two results, both for the same website.

Does the word have to be spelled properly? Does it have to be an actual word?

For example, I get one hit for these combinations.

cryopen tenacity
vernacular chemitry

Last edited:
It has to be a word spelled correctly.

_Mayday_ said:
It has to be a word spelled correctly.
Is cryopen one word or two? Google accepts it as one word, and it is spelled correctly. Does that mean I found a googlewhack?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyrus, yours doesn't work, it has two entries.

It's also not in English.

Does it count if the search words are in English, but the site is not?

Huckleberry said:
Haha, if it had one hit before it won't after you post it here.
Darned Google efficiency! :smile: You know, physicsforums is extremely well indexed. It's not the first time I see a search result with a reference to this site for a post that is just hours old.

Huckleberry said:
Haha, if it had one hit before it won't after you post it here. The first one I posted now has two entries, one of which leads back to this thread.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4SNYI_en___US245&q=cryopen+tenacity

:rofl: Are there rules about whether you have safe search on or off? If you turn off safe search, you get a lot more bizarre results than if you have it on.

I didn't see anything about safe search in the rules. I'd have to check them again to be sure. Did I have safe search on? I'm not even sure how to use that feature.

Anyway, bed time for Bonzo. If I'm really lucky there will be snow tonight. I got my fingers crossed.

1. What is Googlewhacking?

Googlewhacking is a game where a player tries to come up with a two-word phrase that will only produce one search result on Google.

2. How do you play Googlewhacking?

To play Googlewhacking, you must first come up with a two-word phrase that has not been used before. Then, you enter the phrase into the Google search bar and see if it produces only one result. If it does, you have successfully Googlewhacked!

3. What makes a successful Googlewhack?

A successful Googlewhack is a two-word phrase that produces only one result on Google. It must also follow these rules: both words must be in the dictionary, the words cannot be hyphenated, and the words must be in lowercase.

4. Can anyone play Googlewhacking?

Yes, anyone can play Googlewhacking as long as they have access to the internet and a basic understanding of the rules. It can be a fun and challenging game for people of all ages.

5. Are there any tips for finding a Googlewhack?

Some tips for finding a Googlewhack include using obscure or uncommon words, avoiding common phrases, and thinking outside the box. It can also be helpful to use Google's advanced search options to narrow down the results.