1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is magnetic paradox

1. Apr 14, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Does anybody have any idea about magnetic paradox.i saw a university question where they asked to write a short note on it.i searched google , griffiths, jackson , feynman.all my search has gone in vain.i am doing bsc hons in physics and in my 2nd year course of studies.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2013 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Google->"magnetic paradox" gives me this video as first hit, and explanations of the effect in other hits.

4. Apr 14, 2013 #3
    Has it got anything to do with relativity? I was going through a random post .it says something about magnetic force paradox.there f=qvb is different in different frame of reference.are there any other paradoxes? Relativity is in my 3rd yr course.so i am yet to properly begin it.

5. Apr 14, 2013 #4

BruceW

Homework Helper

When I did a google search, 'magnetic paradox' did not come up with much. Do you remember what the university question was about? There was one link I found, to the Faraday paradox, which I have heard before, and there are a few similar variants. Maybe that is what they were talking about?

6. Apr 14, 2013 #5
    They simply asked to write a short note on it.it carried 8 marks.the examination was held on UG level magnetostatics , electromagnetism, ac and transient respose of circuits, thermoelectricity, ac networks.

7. Apr 15, 2013 #6

BruceW

Homework Helper

hmm. So pretty much the only information is that the subject is: 'magnetic paradox' ? Well, from this I would guess that they mean the Faraday paradox, but I am in no way certain.

Edit: or maybe they just want the student to think of any situation (related to magnetism) in which there appears to be a paradox, and then to explain why there is no paradox... Like a kind of free-style question... But this seems unlikely.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted