What is the Role of Metaphysics in the Age of Scientific Advancements?

In summary, the great advances in Physics and mainly the new view of the Universe that arose from a strictly scientific method, suggest the above question. Will have Metaphysics ever a sense with independence of the Physics' advances? Were to place META physics back in the mix to help explore the unknown.
Ryokan,
I feel your right; pseudo-philosophy is about the same as pseudo-metaphysics. Both pseudo and philosophy or metaphysics are still pretty much in a category with to many variables. What is viable needs to be established. What doesn't work needs to be put into the closet for future consideration. There is obvously a great deal of wisdom out there. We have to stop chatting and start charting this stuff.
Please contact me.
Shoshana

Physics news on Phys.org
Why do you come on this thread with something you were locked for on another yesterday. Do you intend to close this thread also?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that metaphysics and philosophy have always dealt with the limits of thought and reasoning. When thinking in terms of philosophy you can easily reach a point of contradiction and from there on the sky is the limit. Hegel created a complete philosophy on contradctions, Nietzsch wrote wildy insane things etc.