What is on your Christmas list?

In summary: I forget.In summary, you are buying an Xbox 360, 1 gig of RAM, and a new RC car. You have a passing grade on your complex analysis final tomorrow, and some money to travel. You may also get a new grandaughter, a daughter-in-law's c-section, and a new granddaughter.
Wishbone
I'll start:

maybe an xbox 360, 1 gig of ram, one of those cool new RC cars.

Physics news on Phys.org
a passing grade on my complex analysis final tomorrow. and umm... some money to travel. Some books maybe. a visit from someone sexy and uh... a new calculator. and clothes. or shoes. or jewelry.

a yamaha p140 (digital piano)

Jelfish said:
a yamaha p140 (digital piano)
That's like $1300 at the store my friend works at (in Australia).

You buying that yourself or are you hoping for someone to get it ?

Isn't santa sposed to bring it?

big man said:
That's like $1300 at the store my friend works at (in Australia).

You buying that yourself or are you hoping for someone to get it ?
hah yeah.. it's not really high on the expectation list of received gifts. I've actually been saving up for one. I can wish, though.

I got the one thing on my wishlist last night (yes, Santa came early), the chocolate fondue fountain!

:)

http://www.chefscatalog.com/images/catalog/large/20321_lg.jpg [Broken]

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anne Cath. Hærland's new book "Krig og fred og religion og politikk og sånn".

I only asked for a school bag and a pocket watch.

I got other stuff too, but I have no clue what though.

A new grandaughter. My daughter-in-law is having her c-sect today (winter solstice). My wish is that everything goes swell.

selfAdjoint said:
A new grandaughter. My daughter-in-law is having her c-sect today (winter solstice). My wish is that everything goes swell.

Ooh.. I hope everything goes well. Let us know how it turns out.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Let us know how it turns out.
Zz.
IT?

Really, that wasn't nice of you..

arildno said:
IT?
Really, that wasn't nice of you..

Maybe we have a language problem here. "IT" was in reference to the c-section, not the baby!

Honestly, do you think I would be THAT crude to, of all people, selfadjoint?

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Maybe we have a language problem here. "IT" was in reference to the c-section, not the baby!
Honestly, do you think I would be THAT crude to, of all people, selfadjoint?
Zz.
Not really. I just wanted to twist your words.

arildno said:
Not really. I just wanted to twist your words.

There are many ways to really get me pissed at you this early in the morning. I guess you've just found a good one.

Zz.

mostly cds on my list but I've got some books too like charlie brown's 'cyclopedia which i had back in grade 2 & read every volume cover to cover & that was when i decided to become some sort of scientist. at the time i think i wanted to be an astronomer.

Some cds and some books.

Wishbone said:
I'll start:
maybe an xbox 360, 1 gig of ram, one of those cool new RC cars.
Wish #1: No diseases for my 3 children
#2: A Specialized Tarmac "S-Works" road bike
#3 World peace

(in that order)

Ipod Nano, Magic: The Gathering cards, CDs, Books, and some other stuff.

ZapperZ said:
Ooh.. I hope everything goes well. Let us know how it turns out.
Zz.

Everything went perfectly. She's Elizabeth Blackmore Thompson, 19 inches, 7 pounds 1 ounce, black curly hair (lots of it), dark blue eyes, the kind that will turn brown later. Looks very much like my daughter Pam when she was born.

I GOT TO HOLD HER FOR A COUPLE OF MINUTES. WHAT A RUSH!

selfAdjoint said:
Everything went perfectly. She's Elizabeth Blackmore Thompson, 19 inches, 7 pounds 1 ounce, black curly hair (lots of it), dark blue eyes, the kind that will turn brown later. Looks very much like my daughter Pam when she was born.

CONGRATULATIONS, GRANDPA!

:)

Zz.

selfAdjoint said:
Congrats! Gee, grandpa status doesn't seem to hold much clout anymore, does it? Only a couplee of minutes? I guess you had to wrestle her from the grandmas? :biggrin:

My Christmas list was short, a set of flannel sheets and a 2 quart saucepan (I just always seem to need two of those). Though, I don't think I'm getting the saucepan...it seems my sister pawned it off on my mom, and then my mom called and said she couldn't find the one I asked for (mom probably doesn't have a clue where to find decent cookware). So, I guess I'm getting the flannel sheets. At least, I hope so. My sister is known for buying me strange and useless gifts if I don't make specific requests.

-iPod Video
-Money

Wishbone, you can't get an XBox 360 until Februrary.

On an almost related topic, One of my friends got one, broke it, and can't get it back until Februrary :P. But he cussed the people out over the phone and got a free game.

selfAdjoint said:
That's awesome. She sounds beautiful. Great name, too. :smile:

A Bugatti Veyron,a truly awesome car, not just for the speed but because it is said to be incredibly reliable.

But if i can't get that then i don't know what i would want, at the moment i am in a position to be able to afford just about anything i want.

Congratulations on the grandchild.

Andy said:
A Bugatti Veyron,a truly awesome car, not just for the speed but because it is said to be incredibly reliable.
But if i can't get that then i don't know what i would want, at the moment i am in a position to be able to afford just about anything i want.
Congratulations on the grandchild.

FINALLY! I thought I was the only one on this planet that knew about this car.

Makes Ferrari look pretty ****ty.

selfAdjoint said:
Congrats! :smile:

Jelfish said:
hah yeah.. it's not really high on the expectation list of received gifts. I've actually been saving up for one. I can wish, though.

haha well if you've saved up some cash for it, I'm sure that your family might offer to make up the rest or something. It's probable ;)

I got my christmas toy a couple months before - a video ipod. And a new book - Physics of Superheroes

selfAdjoint said:
Congratulations, SelfAdjoint!

FINALLY! I thought I was the only one on this planet that knew about this car.

Makes Ferrari look pretty ****ty.

The rumour mill seems to think that several other car manufacturers are going to build cars to rival the bugatti. Mclaren will probably come out with something pretty extreme, they normally do.

Congrats SelfAdjoint, that is some great news!

selfAdjoint said:
Beautiful name!

I'm sure grandpa is going to spoil her. :approve:

OK, I want knee socks. A really soft robe, with pockets! House slippers that look like big animals GRRRRRRRRR. :tongue:

Hmmm... books.. cds maybe... that's it.

Congrats grampAdjoint!