What is physics forums motto?

In summary, the motto of Physics Forums is "In physics, you don't have to go around making trouble for yourself - nature does it for you." This was stated by physicist Frank Wilczek. There was also a joking suggestion that the motto could be "Never cross Greg, or anyone else."
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
What is physics forums motto?

Physics news on Phys.org
I always thought it was this:

"In physics, you don't have to go around making trouble for yourself - nature does it for you." - Frank Wilczek

Up there ^

I don't think greg was clever enough to think of a motto :tongue:

yomamma said:
I don't think greg was clever enough to think of a motto :tongue:

:bugeye:

dude, you are so banned. Even Evo can't save you now.

greg knows I'm kidding right greg...?

I think that it must be to admit anyone, no matter how Woolie he might be.

...or Dangeous. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
:bugeye:

dude, you are so banned. Even Evo can't save you now.

Bye bye yomamma

How about PF - Never cross Greg

1. What is the meaning of Physics Forums motto "Science in pursuit of understanding"?

The motto "Science in pursuit of understanding" reflects the core principle of Physics Forums, which is to encourage scientific inquiry and promote a deeper understanding of the natural world. It highlights the idea that science is an ongoing process of seeking knowledge and uncovering new insights.

2. How does Physics Forums embody its motto?

Physics Forums embodies its motto by providing a platform for individuals to ask questions, share knowledge, and engage in discussions about various scientific topics. The community of experts and enthusiasts on the forum are constantly pursuing understanding and helping others do the same.

3. Is the motto "Science in pursuit of understanding" specific to physics?

No, the motto can apply to any scientific discipline. While Physics Forums primarily focuses on physics-related topics, the pursuit of understanding is a universal concept in all branches of science.

4. Why is understanding important in science?

Understanding is crucial in science because it allows us to make sense of the natural world and make informed decisions based on evidence and logic. Without understanding, we would have limited knowledge and be unable to make advancements in our understanding of the universe.

5. How can the motto "Science in pursuit of understanding" be applied in everyday life?

The motto can be applied in everyday life by promoting a curious and inquisitive mindset. It encourages individuals to question the world around them and seek out answers through scientific methods. This can lead to a deeper understanding of our surroundings and a continuous pursuit of knowledge.