What is quantum entanglement?

• Thread starter Jarfi
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I know the properties of quantum entanglement and what it does but what i dont understand is why do particles become entangled and why are they entangled... what connects two electrons that are millions of lightyears apart from each other? Do physicians really know? Is there any explenation of quantum entanglement?

Answers and Replies

if you take two electrons, put them together, their magnetic moments will point in opposite directions

you take them apart and measure the direction of one. once you have measured this you instantly know something about the other electron no matter how far away it is, even though there is a probability when measuring the direction of the first electron.

when you put the two electrons together so you don't know which way they are pointing, but you know the two are in opposite directions, you can say that they are entangled

hope this brief description helps :)

if you take two electrons, put them together, their magnetic moments will point in opposite directions

you take them apart and measure the direction of one. once you have measured this you instantly know something about the other electron no matter how far away it is, even though there is a probability when measuring the direction of the first electron.

when you put the two electrons together so you don't know which way they are pointing, but you know the two are in opposite directions, you can say that they are entangled

hope this brief description helps :)
Yea i know but i was asking why that happens, what connects the electrons?