Examples and Calculations for Redox Titration

In summary, the conversation is about redox titration and the steps involved in carrying it out. The person asking for help has already read a lot about it but is looking for more concrete calculations and exam-type questions to practice their skills. The expert suggests a website that they have already read before and another website for exam-type questions.
new hand
Actually, what is redox titration?

what are the steps of carrying out this typpe of titration? Is it just like the simple titration??

Can anyone kindly list out a few examples, i mean calculations about redox titration?

I am thankful if anyone can help.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Googling "redox titration" gives 800 k hits. How many of those have you tried to read?

actually i want some more concrete calculations I have read 100 pages before.

But the websites i found are not suitable enough.

It seems that you have read a lot!

Can you give me some questions

This website i have read before!

I want some exam type questions actually in order to practise my skills!

Other than this website, any others??

1. What is redox titration?

Redox titration is a laboratory technique used to determine the concentration of a substance in a solution by measuring the transfer of electrons between two substances. It involves a reaction between an oxidizing agent and a reducing agent, and the endpoint of the reaction is usually determined by a color change.

2. How is redox titration different from acid-base titration?

Redox titration involves the transfer of electrons between two substances, whereas acid-base titration involves the transfer of protons. Redox titration also typically involves a color change, while acid-base titration involves the use of an indicator to determine the endpoint.

3. What is the purpose of redox titration?

The purpose of redox titration is to determine the concentration of a substance in a solution. It is commonly used in analytical chemistry to analyze the purity and composition of a substance or to determine its chemical properties.

4. What are some common oxidizing and reducing agents used in redox titration?

Some common oxidizing agents used in redox titration include potassium permanganate, potassium dichromate, and iodine. Common reducing agents include sodium sulfite, sodium thiosulfate, and sodium bisulfite.

5. What factors can affect the accuracy of redox titration?

The accuracy of redox titration can be affected by factors such as temperature, pH, and the concentration and purity of the substances being used. It is important to carefully control these factors and use precise measurements in order to obtain accurate results.