Exploring the Meaning of Sexy and its Gender Stereotypes

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, a sexy woman is intelligent, sensitive, loyal, attentive, athletic, old, sickly, and very wealthy. They also have a "naughty side" and can blush when their "side is revealed."
Saint
How to define a woman sexy?
Can a man sexy too?
Does sexy mean "wear scantily" ? :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
One word: "Evo"

Evo is sexy?
Maybe!

she's got that "je ne sais quoi" thing. (pardon the bad french :redface:)

Dang, I thought this was the philosophy forum. A sexy [attractive] woman is intelligent, sensitive, loyal, attentive, athletic, old, sickly and... very wealthy. One of my favorite pick up lines is: "was that your BMW with the handicapped parking sign I just keyed outside?" ... just kidding, I would settle for intelligent, sensitive and loyal.

Chronos, I just broke my walker when I dropped my purse, and leaned over to get it. I was thrown out of balance, as my purse was straining from the weight of my pension checks. Could you be a sweetheart and help me up?

For me, the main line that she has honor, and not making herself as "exhibition" for every lust-looker. She should be sensitive, and makes the person feel comfortable with her as a human being. Personally, i found really attractive when she is polite, and intelligent, and the most important thing not silly or loud, my lord how loud people get my skull angry :grumpy:

As far as looks, well, that's not hard to figure out. Just look at men's magazines (no, not womens magazines like cosmopolitan). As far as personality...playfulness is very important, and I think being interested in some of the same things as well as being interested in some 'guy' things are very attractive qualities.

For example, in the latest Maxim magazine, they asked random hotties on the street to do the Heisman pose. Only one of them knew how to do it, and they put a star by her and in big letters "She's a keeper!". Perfect example of most men's mentality.

I also love it when a woman can beat me at something. My girlfriend can spit about five feet further than I can. I'm too good at most things for most girls my age to beat me at them.

too me nothing is sexier than a woman with a dirty mind

Math Is Hard said:
Could you be a sweetheart and help me up?
:rofl: To Chronos : Dude, I think she likes you:rofl:

I agree with MIH, Evo has this "I don't know what" :wink:
You know, when a room is full with the most beautiful models, and you can't decide which one is the most beautiful. :uhh:
And suddenly, Evo gets in, and even the models stare, jalousinlgy, towards her. :!)
Of course, it is not merely plastic. It is a conjonction of so many little details, all in the right place, which leads to such a perfection. :approve:

Well, the girl that i love i got attracted to her becuase she has a really strong character, in the school they know i have very very thick red lines and i was breaking "many noses" of people i felt angry from.

I got attracted to her after a fight [it was misunderstanding] I was damn angry at some group, and she was on of them, there was some guys there but she was the only one who do really speak, and i did not break his, i mean her nose...still she was not rude nor too manly or too girlish, she was intelligent and mature at tht time [ and still :approve: ]

Saint said:
Can a man sexy too?
Only a sexy man could have Evo for instance. :smile:
That's the only way to ensure that a man is sexy : look at his woman ! :rolleyes:

you see -- want to know? ask the Frenchman!

Math Is Hard said:
you see -- want to know? ask the Frenchman!
o:)
It is because in France we do not have such a stereotype for the "sexy woman". I think you have this http://www.waldorfhomeschoolers.com/kitrolls.jpg [Broken] obsession that leads so many women to use surgery.

But this is a pity ! At the same time, everybody knows how the exchange student can be succesful, only because she/he is "exotic".

In fact, perfection is boring. Only departure from perfection is interesting :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blonde with BIG tits!

Andy said:
Blonde with BIG tits!
ya know dude, once you've had hundreds of them, you'll appreciate a little conversation :tongue2:

Yeah yeah, this is why i found it strange that some guys fall in love with some women before they know their names...before they speak to them, the "like" there bodies and thus they think they like them. Welcome in the human matrix: where there is computer and robotic behavoiur, emotion-free. :approve:

What / Who the hell is Evo ?

I think it was the comedian Lenny Bruce that said Men want a wife who is a combination Sunday School teacher and a $55.00 a night hooker.

The idea is right on target with what I find sexy. A woman who is a little shy and innocent, but has a naughty side and yet she blushes when that side shows.

gggmmm said:
What / Who the hell is Evo ?
Not a whore.. definately not a whore...

hi Q or g

The most sexy thing in a man to me is intelligence. A really high IQ with a really lowly chronic sense of humor.

A sexy woman...I agree with Andy but only for about six seconds.

Kurt Cobain (genius with words and humor to match) was the most sexiest gentleman to me. Kurt was also very sensual and that was ONE of the many qualities that came through his music.

Anything plastic or bleached is not sexy to me. Sorry Barbie, I do enjoy your posts MathIsHard. :smile:

A woman/man expressing their sensualtiy is something entirely different.

Aunt Jemima has it going on in that department. She rocks/rocked.

So as not to confuse anyone, I define love, lust, sensuality - ad infinitum differently.

Extreme Intelligence and Extreme Humor to match totally rocks my boat every time. Why else come to this forum? :devil:

I think guys can be sexy too.. otherwise there wouldn't be so many gay guys (and straight women) around :P

cyby said:
I think guys can be sexy too.. otherwise there wouldn't be so many gay guys (and straight women) around :P
Statistics show that about 1 in 10 people are gay, assuming this is equal for men and women, does that mean that only 1 in 5 men are sexy since only 1 in 10 are gay?

humanino said:
ya know dude, once you've had hundreds of them, you'll appreciate a little conversation :tongue2:

I have heard this before, but I have never had hundreds of them. It seems I'm the only man in the world whom hasn't happened something like that: being bored about silly blondies. When will be my turn? I want to be bored!

Oh, yes, men can definitely be sexy. I think it has a lot to do with attitude and not much to do with appearance. When they've mastered the perfect gentleman routine holding open doors and always letting the lady walk ahead of them through those doors, know how to be funny and laugh at themselves, when they exude self-confidence but not cockiness, when they know they time to set aside the jokes and be serious, and when they arrive home sweaty from a hard day's work, not just some work-out at the gym, that's sexy. It doesn't hurt if he can cook (a man in the kitchen is very sexy). A little in the appearance department helps too. He shouldn't be completely wimpy and flabby, but being in reasonably good shape with just enough fat so he doesn't look starved (I find "real" looking guys far sexier than those models with six-pack abs...bleck!)

Men are always in the kitchen... except at home! I find that grossly disturbing...

Saint said:
How to define a woman sexy?

A beautiful face. Some little imperfections such as freckles, crooked teeth, healthy average frame, some wrinkles is highly appealing, and a woman who's taller than me.

And somebody who thinks I'm the greatest thing since ketchup! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I do like the idea of being incredibly, even romantically, attracted to someone before I ever meet them.. just from online chatting and all that. Intelligence can be incredibly sexy, independent of gender.

Origionally posted by xck
A sexy woman...I agree with Andy but only for about six seconds.

A damn good 6 seconds though

Origionally posted by moonbear
Oh, yes, men can definitely be sexy. I think it has a lot to do with attitude and not much to do with appearance. When they've mastered the perfect gentleman routine holding open doors and always letting the lady walk ahead of them through those doors, know how to be funny and laugh at themselves, when they exude self-confidence but not cockiness, when they know they time to set aside the jokes and be serious, and when they arrive home sweaty from a hard day's work, not just some work-out at the gym, that's sexy. It doesn't hurt if he can cook (a man in the kitchen is very sexy). A little in the appearance department helps too. He shouldn't be completely wimpy and flabby, but being in reasonably good shape with just enough fat so he doesn't look starved (I find "real" looking guys far sexier than those models with six-pack abs...bleck!)

Thats me, no I'm being serious that really is me. Dont spose your single are you moonbear?

Andy said:
Thats me, no I'm being serious that really is me. Dont spose your single are you moonbear?

Andy, no doubt you'll find someone closer to home...and closer to your own age. :biggrin:

Well how old are ya?

oh and i have somebody else been seein her for 6 months now, but its nice to keep your options open. :tongue2:

humanino said:
I hope you're not speaking from personal experience, although that "Hooter's Girl of the Month" (she was Miss February?) you were dating certainly falls into that category. :devil: :tongue:

Last edited:
The_Professional said:
...Some little imperfections such as freckles, crooked teeth, healthy average frame, some wrinkles is highly appealing...
This is very true. Beauty and interest is in these little imperfections. I don't care for the classic "flawless" beauty type.